Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
simple request. not sure if a good or bad worm. doesnt look to have bristles or anything. believe he came out of my sump
20230318_124330.jpg
20230318_124111(0).jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
Avast
OP
OP
melonheadorion

melonheadorion

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up an acan mini colony from the sandbed and had 4 of those guys under it. 2 to 4 inches long but didn't look like bristle worms just red slimy fast moving worms.
thats pretty much it. i dont know if i would say they are red. ive seen a red worm before, and this one wasnt anything like it. any idea of they are good/bad/indifferent?

Lavey29

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats pretty much it. i dont know if i would say they are red. ive seen a red worm before, and this one wasnt anything like it. any idea of they are good/bad/indifferent?
I don't know but I was holding the rock base outside the tank and they slithered onto my hand. Just what I needed to wake me up in the morning. They appeared dark red to me but reminded me of earthworms out in the yard.

OP
OP
melonheadorion

melonheadorion

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know but I was holding the rock base outside the tank and they slithered onto my hand. Just what I needed to wake me up in the morning. They appeared dark red to me but reminded me of earthworms out in the yard.
kinda what this reminded me of. tried seeing if there were legs to rule out bristle worm, and the look of it was close to peanut worm as blaxsun said, but i dont know for sure

OP
OP
melonheadorion

melonheadorion

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If in doubt..throw it out, if you did not purchase anything specifically for your aquarium I wouldn't risk it
Just my opinion
ya. thats generally what i do anyway. worst case scenario is that he was in my sump, so hes not going to do any damage in there

Top Shelf Aquatics

Lavey29

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kinda what this reminded me of. tried seeing if there were legs to rule out bristle worm, and the look of it was close to peanut worm as blaxsun said, but i dont know for sure
These seemed to be buried a little in the sand. Bristle worms hide in rock crevices.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back