Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am working on a new build my system is similar to what BRS is doing for the Low maintenance tanks.
The tank is a 60 gallon Marineland cube with the Marineland stand( DIY isnt my thing so I will live with the stand. It has one drain and one return line drilled in
20180121_135929.jpg
20180121_135950.jpg
20180121_135929.jpg
20180121_135950.jpg
to the bottom of the tank no side overflows

I think I want to go with the
Somatic 90 sump & skimmer filtration system.
My question is has anyone tried this as BRS don't have many reviews on it.

I had planned to turn the first area where the tank drops the water into for a refugium
The other sump I was considering was the Skimz Up22 Sumpro sump. But it lacks space for a refugium.

Lastly, the Trigger systems sapphire cube sump 20 also is on the menu it is really my second pick to the Somatic sump & skimmer combo.

That's what I am sweating over. I know the skimz would fit perfectly. But the Combo sump I would need to hang it out the back with extra support like BRS has done.

Once I get that figured out I can then go to the return pump haha. I am taking my time on this build and don't plan to rush too much.
Any help tips or questions would be nice and What I am looking for mostly is input from people who have used such a setup and might have good or bad things to add to my picks.
Thank you and happy Sunday Reef to Reef.

20180121_140006.jpg

World Wide Corals
Corals.com

[Cameron]

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the EShopps Cube Medium. It isn't perfect but if you don't want to roll your own or go custom, it is a solid choice.

http://www.eshopps.com/products/filters/refugium/cube-medium/

Really like "cube" tanks. Had a LFS that kept their tangs in it. Really showed off the fish nicely. Enjoy the build. :)
I hope it was a massive cube. Most tangs don't do well constantly turning at least not long term. I don't think I would put one in anything short of a 5' and would prefer an 8' or wider. Not trying to be the tang police.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Jerry Ebner

Jerry Ebner

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the EShopps Cube Medium. It isn't perfect but if you don't want to roll your own or go custom, it is a solid choice.

http://www.eshopps.com/products/filters/refugium/cube-medium/

I hope it was a massive cube. Most tangs don't do well constantly turning at least not long term. I don't think I would put one in anything short of a 5' and would prefer an 8' or wider. Not trying to be the tang police.
I did see that on the BRS site but the lack of reviews I held back. Will take a second look. Thanks :)

Shad Quill

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the midst of a cube build. I had a custom sump built and before water has even hit my system I completely changed up my sump plan. Personally I think the initial build is half the fun.

This what my initial plan was..
Screenshot_20180123-104144.jpg

... and this is what it has turned into.
20180120_001519.jpg

I ended up building a whole new room in the basement. There's always a solution you will be happy with. Just take your time. I'm still a month or 2 out from complete.

World Wide Corals
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquarium Specialty
Back