Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please take a deep breath, phone a friend, talk to a spouse if you have one, or a family member! I know it’s hard right now. I have anxiety too so I know the feeling of panic attacks and it feels like you’re dying but trust me you aren’t especially since you have been in the forum. PLEASE DO NOT CALL 911! Unless you want a $500 ambulance ride and to waste their time/resources for something not immediately life threatening. You could call poison control and/or contact your doctor if you want the reassurance. But our mind has a way of making things 10x worse. Since you didn’t ingest it, prick yourself, etc. no poison was injected or ingested into your body. And a prick shouldn’t kill you or make you go into anaphylaxis.

Last edited:
BRS
OP
OP
J

Jeffc1527

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would call the poison hotline, also people react to toxins differently, especially foreign ones.
I have called them, they informed me that I have nothing to worry about and that i can only be poisoned by eating it or if it were to get into my blood stream but the toxin is in the fish so it would only be able to be released and go into my cut if the fish were to be cut open or something of that nature

OP
OP
J

Jeffc1527

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please take a deep breath, phone a friend, talk to a spouse if you have one, or a family member! I know it’s hard right now. I have anxiety too so I know the feeling of panic attacks and it feels like you’re dying but trust me you aren’t especially since you have been in the forum. PLEASE DO NOT CALL 911! Unless you want a $500 ambulance ride and to waste their time/resources for something not immediately life threatening. You could call poison control and/or contact your doctor if you want the reassurance. But our mind has a way of making things 10x worse. Since you didn’t ingest it, prick yourself, etc. no poison was injected or ingested into your body. And a prick shouldn’t kill you or make you go into anaphylaxis.
thank you I needed that, its hard to find someone to talk to this late at night and my brain just kept telling me to go to the hospital but the other part of me was saying just wait a little longer wait a little longer and see what happens, its now been close to 2 hours since I was in the tank and the only symptoms I am experiencing are that of anxiety, no tingling or numbness. Just nausea and rapid breathing

Nutramar Foods

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello my name is jeff and I am currently having a mental breakdown. My porcupine pufferfish is about 2 weeks old and has recently been battling a bacterial or parisite infection. While moving all the fish including the pufferfish to a new tank today I noticed a white stringy substance coming off the puffers skin or out of the spikes. Im extremely worried. I had my hands in the tank and was touching the fish. Am I going to get poisoned and will I die. Did I come into contact with the fishes toxin? Please help I am having a panic attack and debating calling 911
Likely mucus as porcupines have a coat of mucus. I would not suspect any type of toxins as you would have had a skin breakout. If cautious, you can wash hands well, apply hydrogen peroxide and take a Benadryl pill but I again suspect mucus. Add carbon to the tank in the event of any toxin release
If it was toxic, you would feel nautious, sweating, dizziness, vomiting and shaking as well as light headiness.
Ive worked medical too long and there should have been symptoms fairly quickly.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you I needed that, its hard to find someone to talk to this late at night and my brain just kept telling me to go to the hospital but the other part of me was saying just wait a little longer wait a little longer and see what happens, its now been close to 2 hours since I was in the tank and the only symptoms I am experiencing are that of anxiety, no tingling or numbness. Just nausea and rapid breathing
My messages are always open I’m a night owl too. But if you ever need someone to talk to you when you are having a hard time you can text the Crisis Text Line at 741-741 and if you aren’t seeing a therapist that can be beneficial too for anyone and everyone. Here’s some great links to help you relax and ease a racing mind. http://www.pixelthoughts.co/

Pelagikos

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're that worried go to the hospital! I think you're just having a panic attack. Make sure you wear gloves next time you deal with your aquarium.
Take some klonopin you'll be fine.
I did not mean this in a condescending way! As someone who suffers from chronic anxiety disorder, it was meant as a compassionate statement.

Nemo&Friends

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you feel better this morning. As I have panic attack from time to time I know how bad one feel, and how you reallyt hink like you are dying, with heart beating extremely fast, shaking like a leaf and sweating. It is horrible. Calling the poison control line was the best thing to do.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tenecor Aquariums
Back