Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was degassing RO water in a trash can and sending it through DI canisters into another trash can. When i woke up for work this morning i realized my MJ1200 pump was burned out because i let it run dry for too long. it was about 5 inches above the bottom of the trash can. i used the mj1200 pump with the venturi intake to degas the water but i used a different pump (sicce utility pump) to pump the degassed water through the di into the other trash can.

Is it likely that the mj1200 pump affected my water when it burned out? there was a slight smell and the pump was really hot but im guessing less than a gallon of the water was affected by this. If its necessary ill dump all that water but i just wanted to check and see if im paranoid lol. Im pretty sure the sicce pump was fine running dry for that amount of time.

the tds on the output was still 1 and im sure its one and not zero because i put my hand in the trash can before i checked this morning. i also put my hand in the rodi trash can to make sure there wasnt any stray voltage and i didnt get shocked.

CLICK TO VIEW

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing i would be worried about is the magnet rubbing on the inside causing iron dust. I would just dump it, replace the pump and go at it again.
I always have my degas pump suctioned to the bottom of the brute facing up but to also negate this you should unplug the degas pump before plugging in the transfer pump :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

You can also time your transfers and get funky with some timers and level controls if you really want to cover your bases lol

OP
OP
jimmypencil

jimmypencil

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing i would be worried about is the magnet rubbing on the inside causing iron dust. I would just dump it, replace the pump and go at it again.
I always have my degas pump suctioned to the bottom of the brute facing up but to also negate this you should unplug the degas pump before plugging in the transfer pump :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

You can also time your transfers and get funky with some timers and level controls if you really want to cover your bases lol
when i put the pump lower in the chamber, i cant see airbubbles coming out any more, and i can hear the venturi attachment sucking less air. I usally can only put the pump like 8-10 inches below water line before i see the air bubbles stop forming. does it really not matter where the pump is placed? i could have the trashcan filled all the way up and have the pump stuck to the bottom?

CLICK TO VIEW

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when i put the pump lower in the chamber, i cant see airbubbles coming out any more, and i can hear the venturi attachment sucking less air. I usally can only put the pump like 8-10 inches below water line before i see the air bubbles stop forming. does it really not matter where the pump is placed? i could have the trashcan filled all the way up and have the pump stuck to the bottom?
Yea i honestly use one of these with a large air diffuser sunk into the bottom AND a pump stuck to the bottom facing up.

Tetra Whisper Air Pump with Minimal Noise and Maximum Air Flow https://a.co/d/dxDMEDl

OP
OP
jimmypencil

jimmypencil

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i honestly use one of these with a large air diffuser sunk into the bottom AND a pump stuck to the bottom facing up.

Tetra Whisper Air Pump with Minimal Noise and Maximum Air Flow https://a.co/d/dxDMEDl
haha wow i do the same thing!! massive airsone with air pump as well as the Mj1200. thanks for response.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha wow i do the same thing!! massive airsone with air pump as well as the Mj1200. thanks for response.
Then you dont need the venturi intake if you have an airstone. I just use the mj1200 to mix the water while its degassing.

Ive even had good luck with just the pump pointed upwards and no airstone.

AquaCave Logo Banner
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
LA
Back