Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi yall!! I've been stalking the forums for a while, but finally signed up when my tank finished cycling. I read a post where "there are no dumb questions" and I promise I've tried to find an answer before asking, but...can any hermit crab go into a saltwater tank? My tank inhabitants are just two snowflake clowns right now... No corals or anything (fresh tank but has been cycled). I'd like to get one or two hermit crabs and some nerite snails, but the only place that sells them near me is a pet smart down the road and a store pretty good ways away. I know I can drip acclimate the snails, but I don't know anything about the crabs. I would order them online, but it seems silly to pay 50 some dollars in shipping for two couple buck crabs but if the petsmart hermits won't work then I guess I'll just wait until I order the other inverts lol

Top Shelf Aquatics

Sharkbait19

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum!
The hermits you are thinking of are the Caribbean land crab - a terrestrial species of hermit crab. They need land to thrive.
For a reef tank, the most popular species are blue leg and scarlet reef hermits. Most stores that sell marine fish will have them. Try a local petco.
Reefcleaners is a very good online store for inverts, though better for bulk orders.

Avast
OP
OP
Elit3klutz

Elit3klutz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum!
The hermits you are thinking of are the Caribbean land crab - a terrestrial species of hermit crab. They need land to thrive.
For a reef tank, the most popular species are blue leg and scarlet reef hermits. Most stores that sell marine fish will have them. Try a local petco.
Reefcleaners is a very good online store for inverts, though better for bulk orders.
Thank you so much! Looks like I'll be taking the long trip to petco ...I REALLY wish I had one in my city lol

d2mini

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out ReefCleaners.org
They have the best prices on cleanup crew and shipping is not bad.
Blue Leg are the most popular... and a few Scarlet are good to have too.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Elit3klutz

Elit3klutz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco or pet smart are fine. Yes the quality isn’t always the best but for crab’s absolutely. They usually stock blue leg or sometimes red leg. I prefer blue leg myself
Thank you!! Oh yeah I think the blue ones are going to be my go to also I do believe lol

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquariums Wholesale Live coral auctions every week
Back