Will a Leopard Wrasse eat juvenile peppermint shrimp?

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Against my better judgment, I ordered peppermint shrimp from biota rather than picking some up from my LFS. I am in desperate need of aiptasia control and had better confidence in Biota getting the species right.

Well, the shrimp was TINY! Maybe the size of a nickel. I added him a couple weeks ago and haven’t seen since. There is plenty of space to hide, so maybe he is still around somewhere, but I also have a pair of leopard wrasse that I’m suspect of. Will they eat a juvenile peppermint shrimp?

Reefering1

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine. The 1st time I got shrimp, I just dumped them in the tank. Poor things never hit the bottom, the wrasses ate good that day. And this were probably 2.5" shrimp

OP
OP
Formulator

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine. The 1st time I got shrimp, I just dumped them in the tank. Poor things never hit the bottom, the wrasses ate good that day. And this were probably 2.5" shrimp
Bummer! I’m gonna assume mine is a goner. I just picked up 2 bigger ones from the LFS and dropped them in. They made it into the branches of a big anacropora so maybe they will have a chance…

OP
OP
Formulator

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, all my peppermints are nocturnal. Like 2 am... Sometimes I don't think there is one in my tank, but then they show up. They are very good at hiding.
That is ideal since my wrasse are like elderly humans :face-with-tears-of-joy: . They go to bed under the sand like clockwork at 7:30, even though dark is not until 9:30.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back