Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything I see points me to buying this light. I have a established mixed reef 24x24x24 60 gallon cube. I've been lighting with a black box for years but i have to keep repairing burned out leds so its time to replace. I'm looking for opinions from my fellow reefers on what to buy. I not interested in buying used. Nooppsyche looks interesting too or any main stream light I see new trend is AI blades.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

mfinn

likes zoanthids
Review score
+8 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+8 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into how this light is controlled. If you think you understand the software, then I think you will be happy with the Reefi Uno 2. I had the first version but didn't understand the software ( too lazy to learn, maybe?)
I did notice how solid and well built they are. Pretty solid.
A lot of local reefers in my fb groups use them and I don't see any complaints about the lights themselves.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
tsw3030

tsw3030

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input. The software looks almost like my reef radiance Blackbox led so I hope I understand it. I'm not much for changing programs so I hoping it's got pre programs built in which I think it does.

areefer01

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you get the spectrum preference down and intensity there really is no need to go back and fiddle with it. Acclimation possibly but even then you can manage that by starting low in the display and slowly raising them higher. Maybe the kit has acclimation, I don't know, but that is the only other reason I could see fiddling with it after setting.

Also I'm pretty sure you could email them and get support. I've heard it is good. Note I do not own the lights but cumbersome doesn't seem like a deal breaker to me if the kit works and priced right.

minus9

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The only reason not to buy is you've been duped by others to overpay for other fixtures with crappy warranties. I agree about the software, once you get it dialed in, why would you want to fiddle with the lights? I don't own the light either, but I know people who have it and love it. If I ever went full LED again, the only three lights would be Reefi, Kessil and Quanta Pro.

AS

JayLu

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought three Uno 2.0s a few weeks ago, so I am still learning how to use them. But, like said above, they are great lights. They have tons of power, great spread, and produce a nice looking color of light (to me anyways). I am not tech savvy, but was able to figure out the programming and stuff pretty quickly. There are a couple of videos on YouTube that I followed. I also have Radions running Mobius. I kind of like the Reefi programming better. Also, I have emailed Daniel a few times with questions, he is a pleasure to deal with.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NY
Back