Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up everything need to monitor my ORP and have been kicking the idea around about using Ozone. Was looking at the Poseidon 200. I like the idea
of crystal clear water. I know when I do water changes my water does have a yellow shade to it. I know of the dangers allegedly associated with ozone, but are there really any negatives. Seems if I start low and monitor there are only positive results. I prefer not to use Gac since it needs to be changed every few weeks for clean water. I also like the idea that ozone can potentially remove toxins from coral warfare. What do you guys think is this older technology still worth a shot.

Nutramar Foods

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up everything need to monitor my ORP and have been kicking the idea around about using Ozone. Was looking at the Poseidon 200. I like the idea
of crystal clear water. I know when I do water changes my water does have a yellow shade to it. I know of the dangers allegedly associated with ozone, but are there really any negatives. Seems if I start low and monitor there are only positive results. I prefer not to use Gac since it needs to be changed every few weeks for clean water. I also like the idea that ozone can potentially remove toxins from coral warfare. What do you guys think is this older technology still worth a shot.
I’ve used those units on large systems, intentionally under dosing, they do reduce the yellowing agents. If the room your tank is in is humid, you’ll need an inline air desiccant to reduce nitric acid production.
I presume you will inject it through a skimmer? You do want to adjust the dose so that unreacted ozone isn’t vented into the room where people can breath it.
Finally, ORP controllers only roughly dose ozone, and the dose changes over time as organics are oxidized….I always prefer to dose low.
If you accidentally get an overdose, aquarium dechlor can reduce the extra ozone if added in time.

Jay

OP
OP
Yates273

Yates273

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I intend to dose through skimmer. Skimmer is rated for ozone Skimz Sp207 for a 120 gallon tank. I plan on dosing really low to be safe. Tank is in basement where I do have a dehumidifier, but for the 40 dollars I also plan on running an air dryer which will make the unit that much more efficient.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Kessil
Back