View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all

I’m looking for some extra ideas or troubleshooting to reach a “problem”

A few weeks ago I get from steady 370-400 orp to 230 and a pain to reach 260 or soo…

I didn’t lost anything not dosing anything new

I tested the ozone generator on tpa water u have 160/170 orp and a few hours later she was at 770

I double test 2 different equipments

Both gave me same reading on reagent and water

So 2 probablys fix ( probe and ozone gen)

It could be skimmer and from what I can see I feel the smell inside the cup from ozone. But don’t know why he can’t raise some points…

The system has 1000l I use a C200 from sander (it goes to 2000l) so it should be easy for him to raise like it was few weeks ago…

Is there something in water u can cause a block?

I have

5/7 in no3
0.03/04 on po4
Ph 8.2 low 8.45 high

Any troubleshooting to join this fun?

AquaCave Logo Banner

MarineandReef Jaron

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many things could be causing this. Not all are of concern. One of the biggest things I notice is that ORP tends to have an inverse relationship with pH. Your ORP is generally highest at night when your pH drops. If you have recently boosted pH then this could cause the drop. I have also had a bunch of different additives drop pH including Organic carbon supplements and Amino Acids.

Some things that have helped boost my ORP in the past are siphoning detritus from every last spot in the tank and eliminating stagnant anaerobic areas in the sand, corners of the sump, or the bottom of the overflow box.

OP
OP
Fuskamis

Fuskamis

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many things could be causing this. Not all are of concern. One of the biggest things I notice is that ORP tends to have an inverse relationship with pH. Your ORP is generally highest at night when your pH drops. If you have recently boosted pH then this could cause the drop. I have also had a bunch of different additives drop pH including Organic carbon supplements and Amino Acids.

Some things that have helped boost my ORP in the past are siphoning detritus from every last spot in the tank and eliminating stagnant anaerobic areas in the sand, corners of the sump, or the bottom of the overflow box.
I understand all of that. But I have my sump always clean I don’t have any sand and always remove when I see on bottom some detritus….

The strange is without ozone

235 steady day or night with a very tiny difference

And if I add the ozone max he change nothing or a small percentage we are
Talking about c200 it’s a heavy dose and that should creat some visual moviment on graphic ( I think )

It’s like I have something in water that doesn’t let the ozone work properly ( once again it’s what I think)

Because it’s almost the same with or without ozone at full power not on low percentage

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Fuskamis

Fuskamis

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a fish missing and/or anything (corals/fish) spawning in the tank?
Nopx all naturally that’s why I can’t find and answer and it’s getting me crazy
Because I have done what I did on tpa water but in the aquarium and nothing change the orp was like 250 and stayed all night at 260

When on tpa raised from 160 to 770
With no prob

On aquarium it’s strange
U can’t raise it dosing ozone like crazy and nothing happen on orp

Probes are good they both give same numbers

In water tank and in reagent
DFFE6D57-C872-4ECE-9307-ED34075B3837.jpeg

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back