White spots on blue hippo

AlexT0599

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I put my blue hippo tang back in my DT about 2 weeks ago after treating her for HLLE (Now is clearing up and looking a lot better) and now she has white spots popping up however she has done this before and the clowns that I have in there with her have never had any white spots or any kind of sickness. So it seems to be something that doesn’t spread from fish to fish and only affects her.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be or if I should be worried about it?

She also has almost like a piece missing out of her tail, could this just be from her shoving herself in rocks or something else all together?

Any help will be appreciated!

IMG_1479.jpeg IMG_1482.jpeg IMG_1488.jpeg IMG_1489.jpeg IMG_1481.jpeg

OP
OP
A

AlexT0599

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the picture quality they didn’t upload the best but for the most part you can see what I am talking about.
The white spots are almost perfectly round from what I can see.
She also spends most her time swimming with the clowns and they’ve never contracted what ever this is.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clear white light photos and a YouTube video will help immensely.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the picture quality they didn’t upload the best but for the most part you can see what I am talking about.
The white spots are almost perfectly round from what I can see.
She also spends most her time swimming with the clowns and they’ve never contracted what ever this is.
Large white spots on hepatus tangs are mucus plugs, a reaction to some sort of stress. Trouble is, ich can be one of the stressors that cause this, other causes can be minor, or even can’t be identified.

OP
OP
A

AlexT0599

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Large white spots on hepatus tangs are mucus plugs, a reaction to some sort of stress. Trouble is, ich can be one of the stressors that cause this, other causes can be minor, or even can’t be identified.
The clowns in my tank have never had ich or anything when the tang gets these white spots so I’m assuming it’s not ich related.

What is the best way to attack this?

Will they go away with time or do I need to QT her and treat her for it?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clowns in my tank have never had ich or anything when the tang gets these white spots so I’m assuming it’s not ich related.

What is the best way to attack this?

Will they go away with time or do I need to QT her and treat her for it?

The next step would be for you to post clearer pictures and a video, so we can better see what's going on. You don't want to treat unnecessarily, but you also don't want to not treat if it is ich.....

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back