OP
T

Travis123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your plan with the cbb?
Im done replying to you, i dont appreciate you coming here when im asking for help & trying to dig into my posts and saying your done, yet you are still here telling me to surrender my other fish when you havent even asked how they are. Comments like yours is what drives people away from this hobby. You should be encouraging people and trying to help, rather than commenting over and over again bullying. Have a nice night.

Reefering1

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I responded to the picture you posted.hippo tang is easy fish, yours is unlikely to make it a month. Copperband butterfly can be a very difficult fish to get eating, his odds are even less. 5 minutes of research and you would at least know how difficult a fish it is. You asked about the tang, got answers, and did it anyways and here we are. Surrender the cbb while he's still healthy

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please refrain from posting the same thread in multiple locations. As I said in my answer in your other thread - anytime there is an injury/etc getting worse, its time to remove the fish to a hospital tank and potentially treat with antibiotics, etc

OP
OP
T

Travis123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, this is what help looks like
False. Helping is what the other people commented, medications to use and what to watch out for when using a certain medication. You came in immediately very harsh and posting emotes bashing your head on the computer saying you were leaving. Then still commenting telling me to surrender fish that FYI have been thriving. Ive been doing research on these fish for months and knew what i was getting into with the CBB, who has been eating great since i got him, so no. i will not surrender him.

OP
OP
T

Travis123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please refrain from posting the same thread in multiple locations. As I said in my answer in your other thread - anytime there is an injury/etc getting worse, its time to remove the fish to a hospital tank and potentially treat with antibiotics, etc
I only reposted because i was unable to see comments & when posting a reply it was not showing up on my end.

Reefering1

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
False. Helping is what the other people commented, medications to use and what to watch out for when using a certain medication. You came in immediately very harsh and posting emotes bashing your head on the computer saying you were leaving. Then still commenting telling me to surrender fish that FYI have been thriving. Ive been doing research on these fish for months and knew what i was getting into with the CBB, who has been eating great since i got him, so no. i will not surrender him.
Tell you what, post a video of that cbb eating from the water column and I'll gladly disappear..

55NEVER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangs can be very aggressive and territorial especially if they don't get enough to eat. They need algae constantly, I currently have 5 tangs in a 270g display, I have had them for 7yrs plus and a copper band that I have had over a year with nonissues. I use a innovative marine food defroster, it releases the frozen food into the water column slowly and my copper band has learned to stick his long mouth into one of the holes and get food out. The other fish can't do that so my copperband gets to eat first! Don't get discouraged, keep plugging away. Happy reefiing!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With Kanamycin, just be SURE to follow directions. The drug class aminoglycosides is a very powerful med class fraught with side effects if used inappropriately. More is NOT better.
Yes - it has been reported to cause nephrotoxicity and other issues by Noga, but few specifics are given. I prefer Neomycin as a general antibiotic.

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to look that one up (grin). Not sure if the ear structures are analogous, but maybe?
Yeah, I'm not sure either. I know they have some reasonable facsimile thereof, but I don't know exactly what structures are there. But hey! It made me seem smart, heh?!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im done replying to you, i dont appreciate you coming here when im asking for help & trying to dig into my posts and saying your done, yet you are still here telling me to surrender my other fish when you havent even asked how they are. Comments like yours is what drives people away from this hobby. You should be encouraging people and trying to help, rather than commenting over and over again bullying. Have a nice night.
I would like you to re-think what you wrote a little bit. Though @Reefering1 did not mince words, I also do not think he meant to bully you. I'm not defending or criticizing anything anyone said here per se, however, I will say that there are many many many experienced people on this site - and there can be differences of opinion. In reality, I think the message he was trying to give you was correct - that the copper band is at risk - assuming this was bullying. So - maybe rather than 'surrendering it' - I would carefully watch it - and the other fish. I would also try to not take comments that seem critical as a personal attack, but rather - it's often difficult to assess the tone in text/message boards. PS - I like the picture of your tank and hope the tang and the rest is doing well. Thanks for listening

Reefering1

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like you to re-think what you wrote a little bit. Though @Reefering1 did not mince words, I also do not think he meant to bully you. I'm not defending or criticizing anything anyone said here per se, however, I will say that there are many many many experienced people on this site - and there can be differences of opinion. In reality, I think the message he was trying to give you was correct - that the copper band is at risk - assuming this was bullying. So - maybe rather than 'surrendering it' - I would carefully watch it - and the other fish. I would also try to not take comments that seem critical as a personal attack, but rather - it's often difficult to assess the tone in text/message boards. PS - I like the picture of your tank and hope the tang and the rest is doing well. Thanks for listening
I agree, thank you, sometimes my words lack a delicate tact. I do promise that I only come here and take the effort to respond to people when I think I can be of some help. I love the cbb and know 1st hand how difficult they can be. I read, on here, of so many people getting them and not having a clue of their requirements or challenges. So yes when I see one in a brand new bare tank, cornered against the glass- that concerns me. He needs to be grazing critters from the rocks while you work on getting him to eat from the water column. He still looked healthy the other day, by the time it looks skinny it's often too late.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back