White lips on the clownfish

SethIstanbul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ,

The clownfish that i bought last week had a small white color on the lips. Now it is geting bigger and more clear? What would be the problem? Any comments?

Thank you,

IMG_6658.jpeg IMG_6660.jpeg IMG_6658.jpeg

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whiter pictures would help, but it looks like an injury to me. Often this happens as a result of fighting other clowns. Generally they will clear up on their own, but sometimes can get infected and need to be treated.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does look like injury/mucus from "lip locking" with another clownfish. You may never see it happen as it is over in a split second and while you are in the room, the clowns will "pretend" to get along.

That said - I can't 100% rule out ich from that picture. Does this fish have any small white spots on its fins or elsewhere on the body, or just its face?

OP
OP
S

SethIstanbul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does look like injury/mucus from "lip locking" with another clownfish. You may never see it happen as it is over in a split second and while you are in the room, the clowns will "pretend" to get along.

That said - I can't 100% rule out ich from that picture. Does this fish have any small white spots on its fins or elsewhere on the body, or just its face?
It is just at the face for the moment but it was on the lip now it spread to the face :(

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is just at the face for the moment but it was on the lip now it spread to the face :(
You can try setting up your phone to video the tank then leave the room. In reviewing the video, watch for any behavior between the clowns that could be fighting (even if contact isn’t made).

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back