White eyed moray weight question

Ev8siveaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone,

I have a question about my white eyed moray. I have had him for about 4 years now and he has been an interesting eater since he has become an adult. I posted about him before at the beginning of 2024 because he went on a hunger strike for a few months. I finally have him eating again but I have a question. What does it look like when they get too skinny? Right now my moray is eating about once every 7-10 days. He will not eat anytime before that and he will only take one decent size chunk of food each time and that is it. I noticed today, while he was out swimming, that he has a line down his side. Would that be an indication that he is getting to skinny or does his weight look ok? I just want to make sure that he is eating enough. I have attached a video for reference. Thanks in advance!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen other morays with the same body shape but I can’t say if it is “normal” for these guys.

I do think that they can be finicky about eating when they are in captivity, and other fish and animals also sometimes become light weight feeders and still live long captive lives.

I can’t eat much when I am stressed and I suspect that fish may sometimes have similar conditions as a result of eating in captivity. Loss of appetite, I wish I could get myself back into the habit of eating less frequently. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back