Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read online that royal gramma's were able to be captive-bred long ago, but I don't see them for sale (at least not with the specific label that they were captive-bred)?

Also, I added a royal gramma a week ago. She seemed to be doing well on day 1 and 2, but has disappeared since. I cannot find her anywhere and I haven't seen her come out to eat or anything. I tested for ammonia because I was worried that she was somewhere dead and rotting. Is it more probable that she died and the tank disposed of her overnight or that she is alive and hiding?

Also, I want to add a couple types of macroalgae to my display. I also have some in my refugium. I ordered from a new place and would really like to dip the macro algae in CoralRX to kill any pests, but I'm not sure if I will kill the algae in the process. Thoughts?

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics

Oshengems

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other fish you have ?

I used to forget I have one until I took out my yellow tang, both my purple dart and royal started coming out but still very shy fish, they do sit and hide in the strangers of areas he used to play dead in a cave I remember he really used to lay down like he was dead upside down

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
Clarinuto

Clarinuto

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other fish you have ?

I used to forget I have one until I took out my yellow tang, both my purple dart and royal started coming out but still very shy fish, they do sit and hide in the strangers of areas he used to play dead in a cave I remember he really used to lay down like he was dead upside down

I have 2 ocellaris clowns, a coral beauty, 2 blue-green reef chromis, a Midas blenny, an orange prawn goby, and a yellow clown goby. The yellow clown goby is the most aggressive in the tank, which is hilarious since he’s also the smallest.

I had another royal gramma to begin with and she passed after being in the display for a few weeks. No idea what happened. She was eating up until the night before she passed. The next morning she was gone. I waited to see if any other fish would show signs of illness and was grateful that none ever did. So now that it’s been a few months, I finally took the plunge and got another. I didn’t see it bullied when it was out. In fact, it was holding its own. If anyone came near where it was camping out, it had no issue opening it’s mouth to threaten them. I really thought it was going to be a good fit!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AF
Back