Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update - I just let the Royal Gramma out of fish jail after a week of her being trapped in there. She still hasn’t been eating but I moved my rocks about and made more caves for her in the tank so thought that if she was able to hide again she may eat again.

As soon as I let her out she swam to the top corner of my tank and looked to be trying to leap out the tanks and swimming like mad around the top (hitting herself on the glass in the process.)

She wedged herself back behind the fish jail that was left in there before swimming to the bottom and laying flat. I was worried so tried to scoop her back up and she leapt out of the tank.

I’ve got her safely back in fish jail but I don’t know where to go from here. Any ideas?

Avast
BRS
OP
OP
E

emilyruthwinsor

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does she react being in her little jail cell?
She’s just sort of laying on the bottom which is what she’s been doing all week. She’s not a big swimmer as normally in a small cave so don’t think it’s abnormal for her but not sure

fullinfusion

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about releasing her in the night time when it's dark, maybe she will find a place within the new little caves you created for her and maybe she won't stress out as much possibly?!

If your lights ramp up in the morning how about getting up just before they do come on and see what she does when the light starts to brighten up.

Just my opinion from everything I've read is that something obviously scared the heck out of her and is probably why she kept trying to jump out of the tank. That's just one of my thoughts.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Coral-vault.com
Back