Where to buy tank?

alicia24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Where do I buy a tank that is 240-300 gallons? I would like it rimless and new. It sounds like from what I read it has to be custom? Are there non-custom options? What are the most reputable companies?
Most people go acrylic for this size, right?
Thank you!!

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea S-1000 G2 might be a good option. You can opt for Red Sea components or go ala cart. Specifications are
  • Display Tank Volume - 210 Gallons
  • Total System Height - 60"
  • Total System Volume - 265 Gallons
The Red Sea ATO works really well - and like all RS items, you can see and control via the cloud via the app. Also Reef Mat ready - which is a big +

Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 9.36.03 AM.png

OP
OP
A

alicia24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea S-1000 G2 might be a good option. You can opt for Red Sea components or go ala cart. Specifications are
  • Display Tank Volume - 210 Gallons
  • Total System Height - 60"
  • Total System Volume - 265 Gallons
The Red Sea ATO works really well - and like all RS items, you can see and control via the cloud via the app. Also Reef Mat ready - which is a big +

Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 9.36.03 AM.png
Thank you!

Devaji

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you got a few options:

red sea
innovative marine -they have a 200 and 240 I have there 200P love it.

if you want custom talk to joe@glasscages he's the man. can do both glass and acrylic

also if you are some what handy you can build a DIY plywood tank. tons of FW peeps and some Sw folks haven them.
search YT for inspiration. my favs. are alexG, Australian aquarist, aquarium domain & king of DIY

edit: going with red sea or innovative marine would be the chearper of the non DIY options as you get tank stand and sump.

going custom in generally more unless you can build a nice stand then its about the same or a little more.

DIY can be the cheapist option for large tanks. but it requires work and time.

Devaji

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is some DIY vids for you. I hope to do this once I finis out my basement.

100% agree what @rtparty said at that size euro brace is a mush with both RS and innovative marine are.

also forgot to add water box to the mix.

innovative marine:

if it where me I and I could not do DIY and wanted a PNP system I would go either IM or WB.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost went with the redsea s1000 but I wanted 30 inches of front to back depth. I ended up going with a waterbox 330.7 It's 84x30x25" with a really nice single piece euro brace. Thier customer service was very good when I had questions. I almost went custom but just didn't feel up to all the diy plumbing required. I would have liked acrylic for the weight savings but I'm very good at scratching glass so I decided acrylic might it not be good for me.

Jimbo327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not go rimless on that size. They routinely fail especially if Red Sea. At least go with a company that eurobraces larger tanks. For custom, Glass Cages is the way to go. For a more pre built option, Innovative Marine is a good choice
This.

Rimless at that size is going to be tough because you will need thick glass to avoid bowing of the front/back glass. It is much safer to have euro-brace.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you got a few options:

red sea
innovative marine -they have a 200 and 240 I have there 200P love it.

if you want custom talk to joe@glasscages he's the man. can do both glass and acrylic

also if you are some what handy you can build a DIY plywood tank. tons of FW peeps and some Sw folks haven them.
search YT for inspiration. my favs. are alexG, Australian aquarist, aquarium domain & king of DIY

edit: going with red sea or innovative marine would be the chearper of the non DIY options as you get tank stand and sump.

going custom in generally more unless you can build a nice stand then its about the same or a little more.

DIY can be the cheapist option for large tanks. but it requires work and time.
@Devaji Really appreciate the support. We are here to answer any questions even if a different builder is the right fit. Thanks again.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not go rimless on that size. They routinely fail especially if Red Sea. At least go with a company that eurobraces larger tanks. For custom, Glass Cages is the way to go. For a more pre built option, Innovative Marine is a good choice
Thanks so much @rtparty

we so much appreciate the support. all the credit goes to the team. They are doing amazing work over here. Thanks again

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is what im torn on. I would love a system that is 84"x30"x25" that is Eurobraced and has seam guard protection. Only prebuilt I find is waterbox reef lx 330.7. Great looking tank, but pretty pricey. I was hoping that system would be on their blue friday sale in september. My LFS contacted waterbox and they said it most likely wont be on their sale.

May end up still going with them though since I really don't want to deal with plumbing. I know people say "oh its so easy", but I have never plumbed a tank. Will be my largest tank by far so rather not risk me messing something up.

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the larger Innovative Marine tanks are eurobraced and as posted previously they're 50% off right now
thats true Ive heard great things about innovative marine, but recently i seen a couple people posting theirs leaked (only the larger systems). So thats main reason I havent gone with them.

Devaji

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats true Ive heard great things about innovative marine, but recently i seen a couple people posting theirs leaked (only the larger systems). So thats main reason I havent gone with them.
wow i have never head of one IM tank leaking. not saying it did not happen but just have not heard about it.

any tank can leak if it not level or something odd happens.
they IM do sale a ton of the larger tanks so if it was common we would hear about it on here like the RS tanks.

but yeah if you want a custom size glass cages is the way to go for sure.

there's a few ppl on here with acrylic tanks maybe they can chime in on where to get them.
I got a quote from...now I cant remember who it was but was some what reasonable.

tenacor makes nice T slot stands. there tanks use thin acrylic for my liking tho.

oh also check out fish tanks direct, a few members here have the tsunami tanks

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went acrylic and won't go back to glass. Yes, they are easy to scratch, but that's attention to detail, imo. I can go to sleep at night not worrying I'm going to hear that sound of busting and water going everywhere in the middle of the night.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back