Where can I get lobster eggs?

Isaac V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am currently seeking lobster eggs to feed my Mandarin dragonet, as I aim to fatten him up. Unfortunately, I have encountered difficulties locating this specific food item. I have inquired at local retailers such as Petco, PetSmart, and my local fish store, but they have been unable to provide any guidance on where I might procure lobster eggs. I did come across a product from Ocean Nutrition; however, it appears to have been discontinued, as it is no longer listed on their website. ( I live in the Bay Area)

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi there! While lobster eggs are something mandarins can eat, they are a challenge to find, and mandarins often prefer smaller foods like copepods and brine shrimp. Our Mandarin Goby Feeder Kit is a fantastic alternative to help fatten up your mandarin. The kit includes Nano Brine, featuring freshly hatched brine shrimp packed with nutrients to entice your fish, and Pod Pate, a convenient, preserved food that mimics live offerings along with a jar of our 5280 pods. These options will encourage your mandarins to eat and thrive!

We also offer a selection of nutritious copepods and a subscription service to ensure your mandarin stays healthy and happy.

Here’s a link with more information: How to Use the Mandarin Goby Feeder Kit: A Complete Feeding Guide AlgaeBarn.com Happy fishkeeping!

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can source frozen capelin, females are commonly packaged with eggs (inside them) in them which work great for mandarins and coral food.
Some alternative names would be egg fish/roe fish in the asian markets or simply look for plain masago (no seasoning) which should be yellowish in color.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back