Where can I find a real Weeping Toadstool?

BRS

rja

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I really am on a Toadstool kick. I got a HUGE pink one that is just stunning to look at. I also found a cool green one with 2” long tentacles. Now I am on the hunt for a true Weeping Willow. I see a lot sold as WWs but they don't seem real to me. Where can I find one if at all possible?

Nutramar Foods

albano

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I am on the hunt for a true Weeping Willow. I see a lot sold as WWs but they don't seem real to me. Where can I find one if at all possible?
That’s the million dollar question!
IMO, many people think that they have a true WW, but if you can’t see it in person, don’t send the $.

OP
OP
rja

rja

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the million dollar question!
IMO, many people think that they have a true WW, but if you can’t see it in person, don’t send the $.
yeah its a term thrown around a lot. sure that .5” frag has proportionally long polyps at 1.5” but they’re not going to grow in length as the coral grows lol… i’m talking polyps that drape over the base

Corals.com

hart24601

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have got a quite a few various toadstools. This is probably the most legit one I have.

Mine doesn’t have a ton of extension but it’s all related to flow, light, and coral size so it’s tricky to find a spot that will encourage long extension

I have found the same thing with torches, bta, and goni. The extension can really vary on all those too moving spots in a tank.

I think many people forget that when watching the famous YouTube of reefbuilders (I think was them). I heavily suspect there are quite a toadstools that would behave the same in that system under the same light and flow.

Last edited:

geeked

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have got a quite a few various toadstools. This is probably the most legit one I have.

Mine doesn’t have a ton of extension but it’s all related to flow, light, and coral size so it’s tricky to find a spot that will encourage long extension

I have found the same thing with torches, bta, and goni. The extension can really vary on all those too moving spots in a tank.

I think many people forget that when watching the famous YouTube of reefbuilders (I think was them). I heavily suspect there are quite a toadstools that would behave the same in that system under the same light and flow.
If it's a true WW it the polyps will fall with no flow. To buy one online you should ask for a picture with no flow.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a true WW it the polyps will fall with no flow. To buy one online you should ask for a picture with no flow.
Yeah I don’t think that’s quite as rare as it was made out to be. At least one of my greens does that and like I said I think it’s more tank conditions to promote thin extended polys. Even gonis change polyp thickness and length and even hammers and torches to some extent.

AquaCave Logo Banner
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tropic Marin USA
Back