When does your Tiger conch get ‘out of bed’?

Reef By Steele

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
After seeing this thread I want one. Or one for each tank.

Naekuh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i went the sleeper goby route... but i am thinking i should of went conche...

Oh wells, it does like barfing sand ontop of my zoa's so they dont have the ability to spread out and keeps them at bay, which is what i want.

OP
OP
ZzyzxRiver

ZzyzxRiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing this thread I want one. Or one for each tank.
I honestly spend more time staring at it than any other tank inhabitant, even my extremely charismatic red scooter blenny. 12/10 strong recommend on tiger sand conch

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s 1PM, the lights have already been on at full blast since 10 (and starting with blues and sunrise since 6 and 8AM), but my Tiger conch is still in the sand bed (He did stick out his proboscis and clean up a circle around himself).

He’s active (I haven’t been monitoring closely enough to see when he starts moving), but it seems odd to me that he’s not up with the sun when he still goes to bed at dark.

What’re your experiences with tiger conchs? Are they all like this, is mine insane, or is variation among individuals a thing?
Mine comes out whenever he wants lol

richserpe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t make me think about the real world in my whimsical snail thread!
Mine (Gary) gets up for maybe a week then goes into a nice shady spot under my arch and takes a staycation for a few days. He gets up again but if he spends too much time in one spot my diamond goby spits sand on him and buries him again. Lots of comedy and drama in my tank.

OP
OP
ZzyzxRiver

ZzyzxRiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine (Gary) gets up for maybe a week then goes into a nice shady spot under my arch and takes a staycation for a few days. He gets up again but if he spends too much time in one spot my diamond goby spits sand on him and buries him again. Lots of comedy and drama in my tank.
You want drama? I just found out why he never gets out of bed—he’s sleeping with my nassarius snail!
IMG_9229.jpeg

just_matt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has only been up for about four months. I picked up tiger about three weeks in just to help stir the sand bed. After a month of continuous laps, he dove. I didn't even know they did that and was shocked. He began spending about half his time buried, and after a few weeks of that, he buried himself for three weeks straight. I had a camera on the tank then, and he didn't move. At all. After three weeks, he popped up for an hour or so, and then dove again for a week. Fast forward a few months, and he's active about 50-60% of the time, night or day doesn't seem to matter. Just enjoy the show.

2024-07-01 19.28.28.jpg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back