What would cause slow growth, and even STN on acro, if all my other corals are fine?

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What is your potassium at? You say you are doing ICPs. Let’s see the latest one. I’d bet your flow might be low. But I think you’d really see a change with iodine and potassium.

OP
OP
Reef Puncher

Reef Puncher

View Badges
Reaction score
Raleigh, NC, United States, north carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally started feeding my corals amino acids and reef chili and reef roids. Anecdotally, it seems to have accelerated growth. Maybe I am just buying the sales pitch? It makes sense to me from a biology standpoint. Definitely remove the Xenia. Carbon seems to help my tank also by reducing coral warfare chemistry. The problem you have is that it takes quite some time to see a change in SPS growth. You can tweak flow. You can tweak lighting. You can tweak tank chemistry. You are not going to notice any difference for quite some time. In the end, I can almost never tell what really made the difference. As you know, water changes, flow and light are all critical, but every tank is different. I have been successful in the past by putting 2-3 frags at different heights in the tank and see what thrives and what does not. I then try to rescue the underperforming frags. Best of luck…
yea i dose AB+ and reef roids. out of curiosity whats wrong with xenia?

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i dose AB+ and reef roids. out of curiosity whats wrong with xenia?
Xenia is like the kudzu of reef tanks.... at first it looks good, and then a couple months later it's spread all over your reef tank and there's not an easy solution to rid of it at that point.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back