What source do you trust most to buy new saltwater fish from if your local fish store doesn't carry the one you want?

ReefOC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Trying to figure out who this forum trusts for buying new fish that your local fish store doesn't carry. I've been told LiveAquaria.com, and noticed the World Wide Corals carry some, but any recommendations for best quality fish would be greatly appreciated.

Dburr1014

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out who this forum trusts for buying new fish that your local fish store doesn't carry. I've been told LiveAquaria.com, and noticed the World Wide Corals carry some, but any recommendations for best quality fish would be greatly appreciated.
Ask them to order the one you want.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask them to order the one you want.
^This^ My local fish store will order fish I want if they are available from one of their suppliers.

EDIT : with all the shipping delays lately I'm hesitant to order any livestock online.

Dburr1014

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^This^ My local fish store will order fish I want if they are available from one of their suppliers.

EDIT : with all the shipping delays lately I'm hesitant to order any livestock online.
If you have a good lfs have them order
If the fish dies before you get it, it's on the store.
My LFS has really good prices.
I do my own QT also. Even if it's pre-QT'd, you should still do observational QT at minimum.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been told LiveAquaria.com,
Not so much anymore... if you do order from them, go with the diver's den (or possibly other ones shipped from the Wisconsin location).
LA used to be awesome but in recent years their quality has declined.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the fish dies before you get it, it's on the store.
My LFS has really good prices.
I do my own QT also. Even if it's pre-QT'd, you should still do observational QT at minimum.

Exactly, they assume the risk. I have bought fish from them still in the bag when I wanted a group of anthias a few years ago and they discounted the price since they didnt have to acclimate or worry about fish dying soon after adding. Also my go to lfs keeps all of their tanks at 1.025 which I like.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back