What skimmer would you use in Trigger System Sump?

AI Nero 5
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to make some changes to my skimmer in my sump. I currently have a Trigger Systems Sapphire 39 on a 220gal tank. I am preparing to try out the Triton Method. I would LOVE to buy the new Triton 44 Trigger but since I've had this sump less than a year I can't quite justify it. So to make the best of my current equipment, I am going to move my skimmer back to the the current refugium section which is 10.5 x 15.5. The problem is that my current skimmer is Reef Octopus that is too large to move to that section. It takes up the 14 x 15.5 section of the sump with minimal clearance. So that being said, what would everyone recommend for internal skimmer? I haven't had any issues with my Reef Octopus in the 4 years I've had it, but am open to other brands. Thanks for any suggestions. View attachment 589532

I have a quick question for you. I have a Sapphire 39 for my 180 that isn't setup yet. Being you have a bigger tank, do you have issues with the sump overflowing if the pumps are off? Or do you have to keep the return nozzles right at the surface? I would like to install random flow generators on each return, but don't know if it'll siphon too much water back down.

AS
BRS
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Brite the professionals choice
Back