Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks fine but the REAL weird thing is your hammer coral morphed into a green torch!! amazing and wondrous what God's creations can do!

LOL.... I made a change to the scape for just the hammers. I had to see the pics again to understand what you meant.. LOL.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I’m loosing this head!!! Like over night!! Is this brown jelly?? #reefsquad

What can I do to the other head? How do take care of this situation!!

7774d089bb58a0b59ee2fbc2d93b3f58.jpg
6023f74861b683465e6c7e3416612b86.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does look like brown a bit. Hard to tell. Is is a gooey brown on the head? If so, can you take that coral out of the tank? You can do a dip in a small bucket or tank for about 4 hours with some gram neg antibiotics and airline. I would do this if it is brown jelly. I have saved a few corals by doing this.

After 4 hours, dip in an iodine (lugols) soln or revive and replace in tank. May have to do a couple times. I have only had to do ever twice. Good luck. hope it makes it through.

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does look like brown a bit. Hard to tell. Is is a gooey brown on the head? If so, can you take that coral out of the tank? You can do a dip in a small bucket or tank for about 4 hours with some gram neg antibiotics and airline. I would do this if it is brown jelly. I have saved a few corals by doing this.

After 4 hours, dip in an iodine (lugols) soln or revive and replace in tank. May have to do a couple times. I have only had to do ever twice. Good luck. hope it makes it through.

Yeah it’s gooey!!! dang... This is a tough one to get out, but I can try!!! I don’t have the ones you mentioned. Can you share a link plz.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
crud, it has been a while. Lugols solution you can find on amazon or most aquarium stores online. The meds are something along the lines of Erythromycin (API makes one and I think one of the Mycin is that and found at pet stores).

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed to remove it from the rock. Half the polyp is gone. It was stinking!! I will get iodine and the antibiotic tmro!! And follow the 4hr dip and iodine. Placed the coral in a low flow area for now!!! And I noticed both my Flasher Wrasse and tang with ich. All these 3 in one day!!! I’m So stressed rite now!! Can’t catch the dang fishes and this coral...

AS
OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. It’s too late. Lost the entire head. But I’m just going to dose API E.M Erythromycin per the instructions and then dip in Iodine.

Btw should I dose this erythromycin in the tank as well? Will it have any ill effects on the rest of the system???

Any inputs @Big G @DeniseAndy @Humblefish #reefsquad

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost the entire head by the time I came home. So fragged the 2nd head and dipped in Iodine. Hope that the 2nd one recovers.

Any thoughts on dosing the antibiotic in DT? My fish are all infected now....it’s as if everything went downhill in 2 days!! Lot of Ich on all of them!!! Every fish!!

Homelander

I'm Homelander, I can do whatever I want.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost the entire head by the time I came home. So fragged the 2nd head and dipped in Iodine. Hope that the 2nd one recovers.

Any thoughts on dosing the antibiotic in DT? My fish are all infected now....it’s as if everything went downhill in 2 days!! Lot of Ich on all of them!!! Every fish!!
Wait. You wernt treating your display tank with anything were you??

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I didn’t. I got the anti biotic and iodine. Didn’t use the AB yet. Just Iodine in a small cup with torch frag. Nothing in DT.

The AB package says use in DT. But I wanted some input. It’s API Erythromycin

Nutramar Foods

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't want to use antibiotics in your display - and antibiotics won't be effective against the ich your fish are dealing with. You'll want copper or Chloroquine Phosphate for that, and you'll want to do it in a QT.

~Bruce

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't want to use antibiotics in your display - and antibiotics won't be effective against the ich your fish are dealing with. You'll want copper or Chloroquine Phosphate for that, and you'll want to do it in a QT.

~Bruce

Understood. Thank you for the suggestion. I am preparing my QT. Should be ready tomorrow. It’s turning out to be more than ICH now!!!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tunze
Back