Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what local reef club are you active in? Are there any others in the area that you would recommend? I hope this thread will allow those new to the hobby to find venues to further their addiction..... I mean education. :hammer:

I am part the Washington DC Area Marine Aquarist Society (WAMAS). Most of our members are in the DC area with meetings taking place in VA, DC, and MD.
www.wamas.org

Another club in Maryland is the Chesapeake Marine Aquaria Society (CMAS). Members are from Northern VA to the top of Maryland. I'm not a member of this club because the meetings are a bit too far from me, but a great group.
www.cmas-md.org

BTW, there is going to be a WAMAS/CMAS social this Sunday. Check out either site for more information. See you there!

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
ficklefins

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys and gals, please post your club website along with your post. Sometimes it is hard to figure out the acronym or site name. I've attempted to go back and fill in the blanks but if I'm off please let me know.

CLICK TO VIEW
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Zeppelin

unregistered
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a member of Central Ohio Reef Aquarists, CORA http://corareef.org/index.html. We put on the 'All Ohio Frag Swap', fall edition, which will be held in October this year. Our sister club, C-SEA (Cleveland Saltwater Enthusiasts Assoc.) does the spring edition, which is coming up in March. Great swap with generally over 350 in attendance at each event.

JGoslee

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im an active member in the Philly Area Reef Club or PARC www.phillyreef.org

I havent had more drama in my life ever before. If you need a laugh go read the stupid threads on our (soon to be ex) Parc board at RC.
Ive always wanted to start going to the parc meetings but I never end up going. When I go on the parc site on RC there really isnt much talk about meetings or anything that has to do with parc. Its more of a selling forum.

AquaCave Logo Banner

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jesse- The RC parc forum is going to be shut down soon. We havent decided when though. The RC site is filled with random people Pimping their wares, and none of the "regular" posters attend meetings.They really just bash the LFS's and *****. If you want to become involved with the club, stop by our forum on RM. That is where the active club members hang, and where we discuss meetings etc.
http://www.reefmonkey.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=27

Edit: Coralnutz and mods, LMK if you want the link removed.. (i wont be hurt ;) )

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
PremiumAquatics.com
Back