Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My powder brown recently got ich a few weeks ago and it completely got off him and not onto any other fish and then I woke up today and he is covered in it and has these brown spots all over him
image.jpg

as well as ich there’s stuff falling off him in big chunks so I have no clue what is going on.My clowns and other fish are completely fine no ich no odd behavior and everyone is still eating

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My powder brown recently got ich a few weeks ago and it completely got off him and not onto any other fish and then I woke up today and he is covered in it and has these brown spots all over himView attachment 3025467
as well as ich there’s stuff falling off him in big chunks so I have no clue what is going on.My clowns and other fish are completely fine no ich no odd behavior and everyone is still eating
Looks to be velvet but need to confirm. Can you post pics under white lighting- This pic too dark in blue

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My powder brown recently got ich a few weeks ago and it completely got off him and not onto any other fish and then I woke up today and he is covered in it and has these brown spots all over himView attachment 3025467

I think this is a resurgence of marine ich. In cases that drag on, the "distinct white spots" tend to be replaced with more indistinct mottling. Did the spots show up in less than 24 hours? If so, I think that confirms it is ich again. If the spots developed over time, 2 days or more, there are other possibilities.

jay

OP
OP
D

Donovan354

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is a resurgence of marine ich. In cases that drag on, the "distinct white spots" tend to be replaced with more indistinct mottling. Did the spots show up in less than 24 hours? If so, I think that confirms it is ich again. If the spots developed over time, 2 days or more, there are other possibilities.

jay
I think your right because it all kind of showed up at once I dipped him in safety stop at first that didn’t do anything but a few minutes after i put him back in a lot of the ich just came off like he was shedding skin or something thankfully it was right next to my input so it all went straight to the uv sterilizer

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Coral Frenzy
Back