what is the BEST "complete" fish food???

BRS

MoshJosh

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer frozen foods, but willing to try a pellet if the fish will actually eat it. I am looking for a "complete"/staple food that I can feed my fish every day. I will of course be supplementing with other foods and "treats", but want a food that my fish like and offers them all/most of the nutrition they need.

So what is the best "complete" frozen food?

What is the best "complete" pellet or stick food?

And yes, I know this is going to be highly subjective, and there is not going to be a true "best" for every situation, but I want a consensus!!!

I have clowns and damsels right now, but in the future who knows. . .

Eric Cohen

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer frozen foods, but willing to try a pellet if the fish will actually eat it. I am looking for a "complete"/staple food that I can feed my fish every day. I will of course be supplementing with other foods and "treats", but want a food that my fish like and offers them all/most of the nutrition they need.

So what is the best "complete" frozen food?

What is the best "complete" pellet or stick food?

And yes, I know this is going to be highly subjective, and there is not going to be a true "best" for every situation, but I want a consensus!!!

I have clowns and damsels right now, but in the future who knows. . .
I've always liked Spectrum Food Brand......pellets that fish like and I know the founder Pablo Teapot put a lot into developing his foods. Frozen foods you have some other good choices....Piscene mysis is a great food as well as LRS frozen....both very popular. Sounds like you already know that a variety of diet is a good idea for your fish. You can always add supplements into your foods as well. Aquarists have so many great options these days. Reef Nutrition and Algae Barn etc.......it's a growing market for high quality foods for both fish and coral.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TDO pellets have been working great for me, and the fish seem to love them. They seem to cover a lot of the nutritional needs. I usually feed 2 or 3 times a day. One time I feed the pellets, the second being mysis or ROE. And sometimes a third small amount of ROE as a treat.

Edit: and the fish also get their share of reef frenzy once or twice a week when I “flood” the tank with food and target feed corals.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
MoshJosh

MoshJosh

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well just ordered some TDO, I like Reef Nutrition and had an order with them already (hopefully they can combine my shipping). Think I will get PE Mysis and LRS RF. . . that said LFS does not carry LRS, they carry "Rod's" which they say is the same. . . but the internet disagrees

JoJosReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mix Reef Nutrition Oyster Feast, Phyto Feast, ROE, Mysis Feast, Arcti Pods, Pac pods and Roti Feast:
1683742869299.png

Stays in suspension and can be dispensed from a fridge under the tank:
1683742916371.png

TDO pellets on the autofeeder. Think that covers everything!

Note: I read somewhere that raw frozen clams/oysters are great all-around food and contain all sort of nutrients, and you can just take the frozen clam/oyster and shave off thin slices to dump in the tank.

OP
OP
MoshJosh

MoshJosh

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mix Reef Nutrition Oyster Feast, Phyto Feast, ROE, Mysis Feast, Arcti Pods, Pac pods and Roti Feast:
View attachment 3144153
Stays in suspension and can be dispensed from a fridge under the tank:
View attachment 3144154
TDO pellets on the autofeeder. Think that covers everything!

Note: I read somewhere that raw frozen clams/oysters are great all-around food and contain all sort of nutrients, and you can just take the frozen clam/oyster and shave off thin slices to dump in the tank.
just what I have been looking for, a simple utilitarian set up that I can easily integrate into my current set up with little cost or effort. . . Bhahahah

I’m only joking of course! Awesome set up but it’s probably a bit out of my league! Love the dosing from the fridge though. Hopefully I can be on that level some day!

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back