+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad update

The last clown in the tank just died. Hours after i dosed prazi. I dosed because i saw the clown flashing and some erratic swimming as of yesterday, exactly the same as what i saw in the big clowns i got last week. This fish never done this before. Dosed at 4pm, left house at 6pm and fish was fine. Even eating. Came back at 10 and its dead. Water very cloudy. Had this particular fish for 2 months now and it has always been thin so i treated with prazi twice and started feeding GC laced pellets(HF recipe) 2 weeks ago since i noticed white poop. Yesterday and today i noticed alot of very bright white(looks like PTFE tape) stringy poop at the bottom of the tank thats pretty big and long. As long as the fish. The fish is 2.5cm long? Not even an inch maybe.

Now that the tank is empty i removed all the bio media and im soaking it overnight in chlorinated tap water and a squirt of prazi for fun to kill off anything. Not bleaching this tho cause im not sure if i can reuse it if i do?. Tank will be taken down tomorrow and everything will be throughly bleached and will be set up again. Was told bleach soak would kill practically all the parasites and even eggs or tomonts.

I also tested the temp today throughout the day with a temp pen which is accurate up to 0.1c. Temp in the morning 28c temp at hottest time of day 29.5c. Tested po4 too, it was almost undetectable. Probably 0.03 or 0.02. Nitrate still 10. Ph was 8.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Ecotech Marine
Back