Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth, I recommend Prazi Pro as reef safe.

I've used it in my reefs. I suppose I don't have sensative SPS, just slimer, montis ,chalices and LPS, zoas, and leathers

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth, I recommend Prazi Pro as reef safe.

I've used it in my reefs. I suppose I don't have sensative SPS, just slimer, montis ,chalices and LPS, zoas, and leathers
Yes thank you @nereefpat. I am just being extra cautious because of my femininus wrasse.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jay, I greatly appreciate your time!

I have a few questions below.

Is this net 200 mesh okay?

Put the powder in a brine shrimp net, hold it over a container and then pour tank water through the powder,
- Should I use aquarium water or fresh RODI?

- Is there a specific temp that help it dissolve better?

Pushing it with your hands until it all goes through (multiple water passes needed, so won't dissolve. Then, stir the resulting suspension and add it to the tank, saving some for your sump if you have one.
- Just to clarify, you mean multiple water passes so the powder dissolve's from the new into the container and stir the water until it's full dissolved?

- Can I pour the full contents of the mix into the main aquarium or does it need to split by gallon volume between sump and display?

Dosing instructions 2.2 *265/266=2.19 grams
- Do I need to account for rock work or can I just use the total gallon volume provided by the manufacture, I don't wanna overdose? My aquarium is 265 gallons. Please advise.

Lastly, does Prazi have any negative affects on Nems?
Yes, that net will work. I use tank water to dissolve it, but RODI also works, maybe a bit better.
Yes, multiple passes through the net, each time there will be less prazi in the net. I roughly split it proportionally between the tank and sump, most in the tank of course. Sometimes the powder sticks to the waterline, rub that back into the water.
You need to dose for actual water volume. I would deduct 15% for rock displacement. Luckily prazi can be overdosed. I’ve double dosed in some cases.
The anemones may close up due to the powder, but will open up later.

Jay

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back