+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

A couple weeks ago I posted about my Tang looking for a diagnosis. It was concluded to be the start of a bacterial infection. I started dosing kanaplex which has definitely helped. I was advised to give a better diet, the infection is almost cleared. However this has kept up at first it looked like ich, but it has stayed localized to this area and the spots are protruding a lil more almost every day. Thoughts on what it can be and treatment options?

I can take more images, this Tang is very shy. I know it's suffering from LLD, but I can't tell what these white protrusions are. Thanks for the help!
IMG_20200418_111510.jpg
IMG_20200418_111516.jpg
IMG_20200418_111511.jpg

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Cment

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from the pic but could be HLLE. I would continue with a high quality frozen food soaked in selcon or vitachem at least once a day

Nutramar Foods

Phycodurus

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
possibly lymphocystis ... almost certainly lymphocystis if it progresses and starts showing up along the edges of the fins; sometimes on the lips.

the good news is lymphocystis is typically not life-threatening & goes away on its own with improved diet, but it takes a while.

(respectful suggestion: i’m a big fan of black colored pvc in QT; i feel it puts fish at ease better than white)

OP
OP
Pluteaz

Pluteaz

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What meds are in the tank now and how long has the fish been in QT with those meds?
It's been in quarantine for just under 3 weeks. First 5 days no treatment just under watch. Started dosing metroplex, but forgot to remove the carbon filter so that medication did nothing. Thought it was ich so dosed cupramine and am one week in. Dosed kanaplex in its food and that treatment "finished" yesterday. I am not sure if I should keep treating with kanaplex that's why finished is in quotes. All food has been enriched with selcon.

OP
OP
Pluteaz

Pluteaz

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
possibly lymphocystis ... almost certainly lymphocystis if it progresses and starts showing up along the edges of the fins; sometimes on the lips.

the good news is lymphocystis is typically not life-threatening & goes away on its own with improved diet, but it takes a while.

(respectful suggestion: i’m a big fan of black colored pvc in QT; i feel it puts fish at ease better than white)
Thanks for the tip on the PVC. I'll make the shift for sure.

Thanks for the tip on the PVC I will make the shift. How does one treat lymphocystis?

AS
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
First Choice
Back