What Are Some of The Plans You Have For Your Tank This Year, Have You Acomplished Some?

BRS

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With us being a couple of months into the year now, I am wondering if you have any plans for your tank (big or small), and have you accomplished any of them yet; or are you still working on them currently. Curious to see what everyone says!!

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plan #1 finish my DIY AIO/sump.
Plan #2 finalize my stocking
Plan #3 breed my Damsels?
Plan #4 NO MORE CHANGES, LEAVE THE TANKS ALONE, GROW CORAL
Never know, might make more changes later this year haha

CLICK TO VIEW

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plan #1 finish my DIY AIO/sump.
Plan #2 finalize my stocking
Plan #3 breed my Damsels?
Plan #4 NO MORE CHANGES, LEAVE THE TANKS ALONE, GROW CORAL
Leaving the tank alone is the hardest for most of us .

Tanglover1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With us being a couple of months into the year now, I am wondering if you have any plans for your tank (big or small), and have you accomplished any of them yet; or are you still working on them currently. Curious to see what everyone says!!
My goal is to find some tangs on my lfs. For now, my 375 g tank is running empty. Another one was to work with 2 selfin tangs in a single tank but now, my freind has taken my tangs so seems hard

Nutramar Foods

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is on the smallish side, a 56 gallon column that has been up since 2016. It was originally a seahorse specie only but I converted it to a macroalgae/softie dominant reef and it is filling in nicely. I like looking at a little sandbed for negative space so my goal is to try not to fill every inch of this tank with coral, LOL.

Nutramar Foods

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I accomplished starting up my first pico tank!
IMG_20230303_202413.jpgIMG_20230303_155531.jpgIMG_20230325_192818.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my nano tank;
My main plan is;
Finish off my fish stocking! I have one last must have fish for my nano and that is a Choat’s Leopard Wrasse. I now have enough store credit to get one and so it’s just a waiting game until one emerges.
My secondary plan is;
Redo my rock scape and move it back a bit as my Deresa clam is growing nicely and already touching the glass again.

Other than that it’s a game of sit back and relax and then trade frags when my SPS grow into slightly larger colonies and actually grow up and not just base.

For my 4’x2’x2’ tank;
My main plan is;
Get the tank to start growing SPS so I can branch out in my collection and move some of my current ‘common’ frags over from the nano to my 4’ tank then get some more spicy acros in my nano.
My secondary plan is;
Get some more sessile inverts that won’t be munched on. And maybe start going into NPS and add to my collection as so far I only have a Chilli coral that isn’t too well.

Fort Salty

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my tank fall of last year with plans for a refugium in my sump. I was able to start it with grape caulerpa a few weeks ago and it is a huge success. Everything ugly seems to have migrated from my tank to the caulerpa and refugium walls like some sort of miracle.

For the future I intend to begin dosing alk so that it stays closer to 8.5-9. It has been going before 8.0, so I think I'll need to do so soon.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tropic Marin USA
Back