+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I hope that you are well

Please can you see my attached pictures of my Inferno an enemy yes I do you have a new tank and I am new to the hobby so do you know that the first answer to my question is how old is your tank and it should be older

He has been strange since I’ve had him and he’s never really opened up fully or even developed any bubble tips and remains in the state that you see him.

He either looks like that or is completely closed I am currently sorting out my water parameters as my nitrates and phosphorus is very high but I am treating it with no pox

He did recently moved from his original position to the position in the pictures and I’m hoping that he is happier where he is but if possible can you guys way in and give me your advice or your opinions in what’s up with him

Thanks guys
E74096F5-7262-4E28-B3C5-E32215AF4854.jpeg
0E2C4425-696B-4F75-85FA-7042481D84C3.jpeg

A4B42DB0-AAB6-4B54-A16C-3CBF49EE321A.jpeg

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
deepsynth

deepsynth

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you already know why this anemone is doing poorly, I'm not sure what your question is. Your tank is too young, your nitrates and phosphates are too high.
So is it simply that?
I was hoping for some more insight maybe or maybe with some help telling what it is feeling based on how it looks.

Nutramar Foods

bradleym

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be many, many things. But those are definitely on the list of things that will make it look like this.

Based on how it looks - it is retracting its tentacles and its body. It is trying to remove the water from itself because it is not healthy to have it inside. It will likely expand and retract often, trying to get better water inside. Or it may simply stay retracted if it can sense that the water is too unhealthy. It may also relocate itself, looking for better water.

Anemones will also do these things if they have an infection, trying to flush out the disease. But based on your description it is more likely to be the water quality.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories
Back