Were you in the freshwater hobby before reefing? If so, for how long before getting your first reef tank?

Tinnerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I felt like asking a grins and giggles question for those who'd like to share. The title is the question, and I can't wait to hear the replies!!:grinning-squinting-face: I've been keeping freshwater for 8 years since I was 7 years old, when I raised my first aquarium by myself, and still am doing freshwater to this day. Only started reefing February.:grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Tinnerito

Tinnerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was literally born into (54 years ago yesterday, 10/24/1970) the Fresh Water Fish/Tank industry. When my parents brought me home from the hospital, my "bedroom" was being used to house/breed various GUPPIES! My earliest memories include racks of tanks loaded with various varieties of guppies as my father was dabbling with breeding mixed and fancy varieties.

I've always maintained some type of FW tank almost non-stop through the years and still have 2 FW (well 1 is FW fish and the other is a BioActive Habitat for Fire Bellied Toads/Tree Frogs but it has fish in it too) here at the house in addition to our Reef Tank.
Very cool!

Upvote 0

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started freshwater in about 1953, Fish were sold in Toy Stores. I raised angelfish, discus. platys, catfish etc. I had them until I got drafted in 1969 and when I got out of the army in 1971, I started my salt tank which I still have today.

My first "tanks" were in cut down wine barrels. I also kept turtles, tortoises, snakes and lizards :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back