+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! Whatcha gettin'?

Not sure. Last time I was at my LFS two months ago, they had a fist-sized rock of Eagle Eye zoas for 70$. If they still have it, I'll try and pick that up. Aside from that, probably some mushrooms and leathers, maybe a few RFAs. I've got a bit of macroalgae, so I need to get pieces that won't get shaded or overgrown.

Nutramar Foods

dkelley

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice thread Styx. I've enjoyed hearing the excitement as some of you have some awesome plans, some not so much. lol

I'm super new around here but I'll join in. I have a Red Sea Peninsula 650 I just filled up and will start a cycle for the thing this weekend. Mainly I need to really clean up the cords, wires, etc so a controller board/build out in the third cabinet is in order so I'll start that this weekend and see how far I get. I also need to get my ATO working and prep my auto water change plans so they are in order when the time comes.

Top Shelf Aquatics

pepper89

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally getting down to setting up an aquascape for my 20g long display tank, and figuring out how to get a good set. First time doing this, so it's a process, and plan on working on it the next two weekends probably, but having fun! It's really interesting to read all the other things people are working on though!

20230310_135615.jpg

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice thread Styx. I've enjoyed hearing the excitement as some of you have some awesome plans, some not so much. lol

I'm super new around here but I'll join in. I have a Red Sea Peninsula 650 I just filled up and will start a cycle for the thing this weekend. Mainly I need to really clean up the cords, wires, etc so a controller board/build out in the third cabinet is in order so I'll start that this weekend and see how far I get. I also need to get my ATO working and prep my auto water change plans so they are in order when the time comes.
Sounds like you've got a full plate. I can't wait to see pics of the finished product(s)!

Avast
OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finally getting down to setting up an aquascape for my 20g long display tank, and figuring out how to get a good set. First time doing this, so it's a process, and plan on working on it the next two weekends probably, but having fun! It's really interesting to read all the other things people are working on though!

View attachment 3057587
Lookin' good so far! Can't wait to see it up and running.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

907_Reefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad you got the skimmer cup issue worked out. That should be a load off your mind.

Yep! Except the FedEx guys keep getting stuck on our road and I have to sand them outta here each time I gotta take a new delivery :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

ahopki1

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a 40 gallon shallow from Innovative Marine. This is my 6th tank and it's nice taking my time with it. I've hard plumbed the tank, lined the base of the cabinet with plastic diamond plate and installed LED lights. At Reefstock Denver this past weekend I found a groovy 4" Rapid Rinse Eco-Filter by Rocky Mountain Fish Filter Company to replace my socks. Excited to see how that works. Also picked up some frag racks from PNW Custom, the new rubber Random Flow Generators from VCA and a couple Sicce Voyager Nano pumps. I'm headed to WWC in Orlando next week and Reefapalooza Orlando in April. New tanks are exciting!!

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm setting up a 40 gallon shallow from Innovative Marine. This is my 6th tank and it's nice taking my time with it. I've hard plumbed the tank, lined the base of the cabinet with plastic diamond plate and installed LED lights. At Reefstock Denver this past weekend I found a groovy 4" Rapid Rinse Eco-Filter by Rocky Mountain Fish Filter Company to replace my socks. Excited to see how that works. Also picked up some frag racks from PNW Custom, the new rubber Random Flow Generators from VCA and a couple Sicce Voyager Nano pumps. I'm headed to WWC in Orlando next week and Reefapalooza Orlando in April. New tanks are exciting!!
Awesome! Super excited for you. A buddy of mine told me about the eco-filters and I'm looking into them myself. I won't be at Reefapalooza Orlando, but will be there in NY. Also, I love the idea of the plastic diamond plating. That's so cool! Do you mind sharing a pic?

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep! Except the FedEx guys keep getting stuck on our road and I have to sand them outta here each time I gotta take a new delivery :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
You should charge the company a fee for delivering them back to the road.

Top Shelf Aquatics

LeannaBanana

Fishies and Frenchies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning and Happy Friday, fellow reefers! As many of us collectively approach the finish line for our respective work weeks, we look forward to the weekend for time to decompress and to focus on the things we love. Sometimes though, that means catching up on the chores we love to hate (i.e. skimmer cup cleaning <yuck!>).

So, I was wondering: what are your weekend reefing plans? Are you going to a frag swap or LFS, taking care of some overdue maintenance (I see you over there with the dirty glass), or do you just plan on relaxing in front of your little slice of the ocean and enjoying the fruits of your labor?

Replying before I scroll through the pages of fun and replies. :)

This weekend we'll finally be leak testing and filling the newest tank in the family! Sunday is always tank maintenance day, so routine testing, water changes, and any scrubbing is on deck.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Need to trim my xenia back for the first time. Might put some gsp on the back wall
Sweet! I'm a fan, and I think in the next week or so I'll be adding some entrusting montis to my back wall.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Replying before I scroll through the pages of fun and replies. :)

This weekend we'll finally be leak testing and filling the newest tank in the family! Sunday is always tank maintenance day, so routine testing, water changes, and any scrubbing is on deck.
Congrats on the new addition, that always makes for a great day! What size?

Acros

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 2 week vacation planned next month. So I am going to do a 30% water change this weekend and leave the tank alone for 2 weeks. Test before and after, see how everything is looking.

Oh .. and setting an apex classic on my planted tank.

AS

shcrimps

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning and Happy Friday, fellow reefers! As many of us collectively approach the finish line for our respective work weeks, we look forward to the weekend for time to decompress and to focus on the things we love. Sometimes though, that means catching up on the chores we love to hate (i.e. skimmer cup cleaning <yuck!>).

So, I was wondering: what are your weekend reefing plans? Are you going to a frag swap or LFS, taking care of some overdue maintenance (I see you over there with the dirty glass), or do you just plan on relaxing in front of your little slice of the ocean and enjoying the fruits of your labor?
definitely no relaxing this weekend newest tank is over it’s cycle and diatoms are still passing through the reef

this weekend i’m picking up more cleaner crew
getting a starter culture for mysis shrimp
maybe some new corals
& cleaning everything that isn’t clean/ changing old media

not everything is fun but it must be done!

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
definitely no relaxing this weekend newest tank is over it’s cycle and diatoms are still passing through the reef

this weekend i’m picking up more cleaner crew
getting a starter culture for mysis shrimp
maybe some new corals
& cleaning everything that isn’t clean/ changing old media

not everything is fun but it must be done!
Nobody ever said it would be easy, only that it would be worth it!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
JASON FOX SIGNATURE CORALS
Back