Wavemaker placement on Biocube 32?

fladiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As title indicates, I’d love any advice on where to put a Jebao SOW-4 wave maker in my Biocube 32. The tank currently only has the return at the top left of the below pic which is pointed slightly up to create a surface ripple. I have included a picture below. The tank is a FOWLR tank and has an oscillaris clown, YT blue damsel, 2 peppermint shrimp, 2 emerald crabs, and various CUC members.

I have seen various opinions on placement which include putting it on the right side below the top intake, on the left side below the return pump, and on either side of the glass. I have also seen different thoughts on which way to point the wavemaker.

Would appreciate any thoughts or recommendations. Thanks!

IMG_0574.jpeg

Mr. Mojo Rising

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put it on the opposite side 4-5 inches under water. I would angle it up to agitate the surface, you don’t want it flat like that. Don’t be afraid to add even another so that 2 poweheads are facing towards each other to bounce and create random flow patterns. Nice rock work by the way.

OP
OP
F

fladiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put it on the opposite side 4-5 inches under water. I would angle it up to agitate the surface, you don’t want it flat like that. Don’t be afraid to add even another so that 2 poweheads are facing towards each other to bounce and create random flow patterns. Nice rock work by the way.
Thanks for the quick response. So, would the marked X in the picture make sense? That’s probably the closest I can get to the water under the upper intake. Will that at all disrupt the intake of stuff floating in the tank?

And angle up at the water, basically in the same direction as the water being pushed by the return?

Appreciate the compliment about the rock too.

IMG_0575.jpeg

OP
OP
F

fladiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, did way too much searching and analysis about where to put the wave maker. Finally put it where I had the “X” in the above picture. Pointed it up at the water surface to have a competing flow from the return. So far, seems good. Initially stirred up a good amount of detritus, which I take as a good sign.

Attachments

• IMG_0656.jpeg
    IMG_0656.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 60

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back