Wavemaker for Oceanic Biocube 8 Gallon

bruhman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am brand new to the Saltwater aquarium hobby, I have an 8 Gallon biocube with an Aquatop MaxiFlow NP302(118 GPH). My tank has very low rocks, maybe 3-4 inches from the bottom of the tank. I have pretty fine sand. I currently house 2 RBTA and one juvenile clownfish (1-1.5 inch). The flow in the tank isn't that good so I was looking to buy a new wavemaker, I've seen hygger mini wavemakers (1600GPH one) and Jebao ELW-3m, but I can't decide which is best for my tank. I need something not too strong so it won't kick up the sand and cause too much stress for my clowns. Any suggestions?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome!

I've read excellent things about the Nero 3 wavemaker for nano tanks: https://amzn.to/3XQNtUi

Hygger products are also very good for the price. I would not recommend Jebao wavemakers, their controllers are cheap garbage in my experience and the app sucks too.

FUNGI

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best....
1720037396816.png

OctoReef12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Hygger wavemakers as well. Quiet, easy to clean, and are budget friendly. I've had a couple for almost 2 years now without any problems.

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would go with this. I have a few.
Amazon product

I literally have this in my cart and was considering it.

I find most power heads are too strong for my 15g tank even when I run them on level 1 with the controller (which usually runs a wave maker around 30-40% of its max speed)

NC AL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally have this in my cart and was considering it.

I find most power heads are too strong for my 15g tank even when I run them on level 1 with the controller (which usually runs a wave maker around 30-40% of its max speed)
Yep, most are. Put the wide spread face and on low setting. The only other option would be a 80-90 gph return pump with suction cups and put it on a back wall.

OP
OP
bruhman

bruhman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone thanks for the replies and feedback. I’ve looked further into the hygger mini wave maker and saw that the lowest option it has is 40% which is roughly 640 gph. Would that be way too high for my 8 gallon?

FUNGI

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont forget you also have the wave mode and frequency.....so you can set it to last 1 second (or so) random wave.....

This is teh one you should get..(IMO)

hygger Mini Wave Maker​

OP
OP
bruhman

bruhman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont forget you also have the wave mode and frequency.....so you can set it to last 1 second (or so) random wave.....

This is teh one you should get..(IMO)

hygger Mini Wave Maker​

Okie dokie, thank you very much

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sicce makes nano ones that are good. The hygger sounds too strong.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do (I have all Sicce pumps)....BUT (I could be wrong) I think the controller is sold separately on the Nano Pumps/Wavemakers
You don't need a controller but you can buy one down the road if you really desire one. I don't use one for my sicce nano wavemaker.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back