Waterbox?

rhutch92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got into marine tanks about 3 years ago started small and worked my way up right now I have a 55 gallon tank and a 150 gallon tank and a 25 gallon red sea tank. I am thinking of upgrading fully for 3 new tanks and I've been looking at the waterbox tanks money isn't a issue but I want to know about reviews on them im going to go through a retailer from waterbox since it's cheaper. I'm thinking about getting a marinex 60.2 a Infinia reef 230.6 and last the big boy a reef LX 380.8. note as I said money isn't a issue I just want a well built tank,stand,sump combo in all 3 also want to know what people would run in these tanks and if anyone recommends any thing else also I got a 3 page list of things im going to be buying for the tanks but want to know what people recommend.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up a 330.7 last march and have been happy with it. I've dealt with customer service a few times with questions and they have been very responsive. I run a simple system with socks, an ATS, ATO, inkbird and 6 noopsyche k7 III pro lights. Its my tank thread of you want to take a look. I bought mine from waterbox durring a sale. I run a jebao dcp 15000 return and have 6 Mp40s for flow

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@exnisstech & @BigAl07 did you both buy direct from waterbox?
I did
IMG_E1459.JPG

OP
OP
rhutch92

rhutch92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up a 330.7 last march and have been happy with it. I've dealt with customer service a few times with questions and they have been very responsive. I run a simple system with socks, an ATS, ATO, inkbird and 6 noopsyche k7 III pro lights. Its my tank thread of you want to take a look. I bought mine from waterbox durring a sale. I run a jebao dcp 15000 return and have 6 Mp40s for flow
Do you run a skimmer from waterbox? Or the lights they offer?

OP
OP
rhutch92

rhutch92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about 10 months into my WB 150.4 and, at this point, I would ABSOLUTELY go this route again. Seems like a very good product and their Customer Service has been EXCELLENT in the couple of times I've reached out (for extra parts etc).
Did you run the equipment that waterbox offers like lights protein skimmer and such or did you go a different route

BigMikeFlipz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@rhutch92 I am also looking at the waterbox line as one of my possible tanks, and after doing all the math it looks like they actually charge an extra $50 over the price of all the items if bought individually. I know you said $ doesn't matter, but if you like other brands/types of equipment this to me makes it not as appealing to buy their "Plus" options.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@exnisstech I am also looking at the waterbox line as one of my possible tanks, and after doing all the math it looks like they actually charge an extra $50 over the price of all the items if bought individually. I know you said $ doesn't matter, but if you like other brands/types of equipment this to me makes it not as appealing to buy their "Plus" options.
Sounds like the crap Amazon pulls with thier bundles. Nothing wrong with buying a bundle but half the fun for me is researching gear and piecing a system together. I have two red sea tanks also and did not by the max just tank stand and sump.

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you run the equipment that waterbox offers like lights protein skimmer and such or did you go a different route
I used the "Glass Box" and the "Cabinet" and everything else is personally researched and purchased.

• Lights - GHL Mitras 2X (LOVE THEM)
  • Heaters - Eheim 2X
  • Feeder - Hagger
  • Everything else - Red Sea, ReefBeat App Controlled

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back