+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies for the late update:
Several things have happened. Some great and some not so great.
First, I did get the new top lids tank lid. It fits perfectly and looks really sharp. The evaporation cover is very nice and I have noticed it does cut down evaporation by quite a bit. My 3 gal reservoir now lasts almost 6 days. Trial run tested during my last vacation.

Second, the bad part. Velvet... I have lost all but two fish. My diamond watchman goby and my long nose hawkfish have survived the ordeal. They have been treated with copper in QT for over a month now and my water changes are reducing it. I will add some prazi pro in a couple weeks to finish off their treatment. Fortunately, while my display tank now sits fallow I've taken the opportunity to get some new coral and move things around.
Tank is now 10months old.
Just battling a little bit of cyano at the moment and I've noticed an aptasia or two have popped up. I'll be using F Aptasia to remove them this weekend.
20220927_190016.jpg
20220906_163601.jpg
20220906_163618.jpg
20220906_163555.jpg
20220906_163705.jpg

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Top_Lids

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies for the late update:
Several things have happened. Some great and some not so great.
First, I did get the new top lids tank lid. It fits perfectly and looks really sharp. The evaporation cover is very nice and I have noticed it does cut down evaporation by quite a bit. My 3 gal reservoir now lasts almost 6 days. Trial run tested during my last vacation.

Second, the bad part. Velvet... I have lost all but two fish. My diamond watchman goby and my long nose hawkfish have survived the ordeal. They have been treated with copper in QT for over a month now and my water changes are reducing it. I will add some prazi pro in a couple weeks to finish off their treatment. Fortunately, while my display tank now sits fallow I've taken the opportunity to get some new coral and move things around.
Tank is now 10months old.
Just battling a little bit of cyano at the moment and I've noticed an aptasia or two have popped up. I'll be using F Aptasia to remove them this weekend.
View attachment 2844361View attachment 2844364View attachment 2844365View attachment 2844366View attachment 2844373
No good on velvet :angry-face: Keep fighting the good fight brother

Thanks very much for the feedback on evaporation reduction, we've been looking for more data on this. How long did your ATO last you before the evap cover, just for contrast?

Can't wait to see pics of the top, enjoy the protection man :)

OP
OP
xWascallyWabbit

xWascallyWabbit

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No good on velvet :angry-face: Keep fighting the good fight brother

Thanks very much for the feedback on evaporation reduction, we've been looking for more data on this. How long did your ATO last you before the evap cover, just for contrast?

Can't wait to see pics of the top, enjoy the protection man :)
Just about 4 days. Now 6. Seems like a pretty solid 50% decrease in evap.

OP
OP
xWascallyWabbit

xWascallyWabbit

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a quick update.
A few fish added.
Yellow Coris wrasse
Royal Gramma
Hectors goby
Tailspot blenny

I've added a few coral as well. Just did a water change. He is the obligatory full tank shot:

Attachments

• 20230413_161202.jpg
    20230413_161202.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 11
World Wide Corals
OP
OP
xWascallyWabbit

xWascallyWabbit

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a quick update.
A few fish added.
Yellow Coris wrasse
Royal Gramma
Hectors goby
Tailspot blenny

I've added a few coral as well. Just did a water change. He is the obligatory full tank shot:
As a side note. I do still have a few algae issues. I'll continue my routine water changes and have bumped up the amount of gfo I use monthly as I noticed my phosphates climbing.

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Coral-vault.com
Back