Waterbox Clear 4820 w/ Canister or AIO 65.4?

ggwp1111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know sump is probably the best setup for this tank size. But I travel a lot and sump has a huge learning curve so I can't really ask people at my house to help with maintain the tank while I'm gone. AIO and canister is much easier for newbie or people that are unfamiliar with fish husbandry to help out with. In the past, my son is usually good with feeding the fish and I just do cleaning and water change when I get back. Troubleshooting is also a bit easier with canister and AIO

I'm currently running Waterbox AIO 35 Gallon but last week I had a chance to buy the Waterbox Clear 4820 for $600 which I intend to run with Oase 600 Thermo. Inspired by this guy on youtube that runs a iwagumi style reef, such a clean look. Before I have a chance to set it up, the Waterbox 65.4 AIO comes up today for sale locally. For $800.

Now I can't decided between the two. The clear with stand (20" height, 56" tall w/ stand) is a bit too tall for me, i'd need a stool so do maintaining but less cleaning bc mostly just clean the cannister. The AIO sits a bit shorter (17'7" height, 53" w/ stand) which I can comfortable just stand on the ground to work with the display tank. However, most likely will need a stool to reach the the back compartment and obviously will need to clean more often since it's AIO.

Below is what inspired me to get the Clear 4820. I love the simple/clean look and aesthetic. AIO will probably look a bit more cluttered

Untitledqweqweqweq-2.jpg

muffinmanXL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like a stool is needed regardless. What is the reasoning behind a canister filter being less work than an AIO?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back