WaterBox 50.3 AIO lighting help

chooki99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I would really love some advice or opinions on lighting. I've just entered into the marine keeping world and am wanting to give it my best go.

I am wanting to get a Waterbox AIO 50.3. I am wanting to do a mixed reef but mostly only softies and lps and then maybe a couple of sps later on down the track.

Dimensions of tank are LWH 35.4" x 19.7" x 17.7"

I have been looking into lighting and feel like I'm going in circles. I've been mainly looking at Kessil, AI, Radion and Reefbreeders.

I guess my main goal is I want a healthy tank of coral, love colour and fluoresces to pop and don't want too much of the blue light look. Im not too worried about budget. I like the appeal of a wifi controlled light that can be sort of set and forget with maybe a few tweaks as I learn what I'm doing but I do want something that is fairly beginner friendly..

So I guess after all that I would love to hear some advice on which lights and how many I should go for. I'm definitely open to other brands although some that I've googled have been a bit of a struggle to find in Australia (which is where I am).

I was also wondering if it's worth going for a bigger light or two smaller versions? Such as 1x ap9x or 2x 360x/xe... Or similar setup with other brands. Or is that too much. I have no idea. Again. Going in circles haha.

Thanks heaps for your time,
Chooki

Last edited:

Gizmoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to remote control, the Prime lights from AI have REALLY good software.

From what I've seen, I feel like Kessil probably has some of the best lights out there but the AI lights are really good on software. Not really sure how well Kessil does without their own controller or combined with an Apex.

If controllability is important, I would really lean towards the AI lights.

OP
OP
chooki99

chooki99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to remote control, the Prime lights from AI have REALLY good software.

From what I've seen, I feel like Kessil probably has some of the best lights out there but the AI lights are really good on software. Not really sure how well Kessil does without their own controller or combined with an Apex.

If controllability is important, I would really lean towards the AI lights.
Thank you very much. I think I'm leaning more towards the AIs. Especially 32hydra. I like that you don't need a separate wifi mod/dongle for them unlike the kessil.
I really do like the look of the kessil too tho... Just not sure if the shimmer will be too much shimmer.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back