water has turned orange/brownish after treating with prazi... etc??? Help needed

joeyrm7

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treating my fowlr tank for ich and possibly flukes (new fish add) with copper power, just finishing a round of prazi and kanaplex. Last nite I turned the UV back on and this morning my usual totally clear water is dark and kind of orange/brown in color. Any idea what this is and how to eliminate? I don't want to use carbon as I need to maintain the copper level. I just turned the skimmer back on as well and doing a 10% water change.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treating my fowlr tank for ich and possibly flukes (new fish add) with copper power, just finishing a round of prazi and kanaplex. Last nite I turned the UV back on and this morning my usual totally clear water is dark and kind of orange/brown in color. Any idea what this is and how to eliminate? I don't want to use carbon as I need to maintain the copper level. I just turned the skimmer back on as well and doing a 10% water change.
Chloroquine exposed to UV will turn water a musty smelling brown color that is possibly bad for the fish. I don’t know if praziquantel or kanaplex does that because I always turn off the UV when dosing organics of any type. I don’t believe that running UV with copper power is an issue.
I would do larger water changes if the fish are showing any signs of distress.
Jay

OP
OP
J

joeyrm7

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chloroquine exposed to UV will turn water a musty smelling brown color that is possibly bad for the fish. I don’t know if praziquantel or kanaplex does that because I always turn off the UV when dosing organics of any type. I don’t believe that running UV with copper power is an issue.
I would do larger water changes if the fish are showing any signs of distress.
Jay
THANKS

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tropic Marin USA
Back