+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
47944595-2B2C-40A3-9713-2524A8EAEC58.jpeg

clearing up a bit. I took a toothbrush to the rocks and got as much off as I can. Of course I have the 20 frags 1400$ worth probably at least a 3k value coming in tomorrow from @TopShelfAquatics I’m going to do a 10 gallon water change. Dose my nitrates and get my levels perfect for arrival and let the UV do it’s thing. I moved my torches to the way side in prep and they are none too happy about it.

everything is in motion so I’m just gonna try and keep my chemistry balanced and hope for the best.

Nutramar Foods

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s gonna be hard to keep everything stable if you’re doing 40% water changes weekly… if you wanna continue to do that I wouldn’t bother dosing anything as it won’t be needed.. you are replacing anything that’s lost with just a water change.. that’s just me thou! Hope that helps.

radfly

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will likely lose most of those corals... you need to wait at least six months for your tank to stabilize before throwing in 20 frags, of anything.

Please research more on proper reef keeping and save your cash...

Best of luck.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
T

takoarm8

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will likely lose most of those corals... you need to wait at least six months for your tank to stabilize before throwing in 20 frags, of anything.

Please research more on proper reef keeping and save your cash...

Best of luck.
Maybe I should mail them all to you and let you grow them out into colonies then ship me frags when I’m ready? Would this work?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I should mail them all to you and let you grow them out into colonies then ship me frags when I’m ready? Would this work?
Sure ship them to me! Haha.. I wouldn’t go that far but if you wanna be successful I would let the tank balance out.. slow down on the water changes and don’t dose anything till you test over the period of a couple weeks and see what you tank is actually consuming.. I have my tank packed with Sps and don’t need to dose anything with a weekly water change of 20% myself.. also have a few large torches and it stays stable

OP
OP
T

takoarm8

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure ship them to me! Haha.. I wouldn’t go that far but if you wanna be successful I would let the tank balance out.. slow down on the water changes and don’t dose anything till you test over the period of a couple weeks and see what you tank is actually consuming.. I have my tank packed with Sps and don’t need to dose anything with a weekly water change of 20% myself.. also have a few large torches and it stays stable
I was being an butt to the other guy that thinks it takes 8 months to grow coralline.

I was dosing Kalk mostly for the ph benefits and it was very minor and at night when my ph would swing from 8.3-7.7. You’re right it’s not needed. I have talked to a lot of experienced reefers and other than losing the nitrates water changes were never a bad thing. I went to hard and my nutrients zeroed out. Green turned to brown.
I have gotten a ton of great advice in this post and the UV is going to be a welcome addition going forward. I’ll keep updating and I’ll try and get some pics of the drags tomorrow as well.

Taping hundred dollar bills to the tank for a blackout just doesnt look as good as a bunch of frags so I rolled with it. Lol

A82CB4CB-55F0-486F-AA23-FF20EE2EFED1.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

South Carolina reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 2.5 months old.

tropic Marin salt
40 gallon cube AIO

Nitate 2.3
Phosphate .015
Alkalinity 10.2
Salinity 35

LPS thriving
Monty Cap super happy

fish extremely happy.

only algae visible is green on rocks not a slime or hair.

sandbed is immaculate vacuum 2x a week
I do (3) 5 gallon changes a week every other day.

I dose manually Kalk 2 times a week when lights go out.
imo. To much to fast. There's no race too win

South Carolina reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered this.
Just installed this from acqua ultraviolet. 15w on Wed. After two days my water is so much clearer. Seems to be helpful with diatoms on my just over 2 months old tank.

Attachments

• 20230104_161309.jpg
    20230104_161309.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 6
AS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Zoanthids.com
Back