+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

My old tank was invested with vermited snails! They’re really small and a reddish color And it annoyed me to death. I end up buying a bigger tank and transferred all my corals with all new rocks.

I iodine dip all my corals and removed all the vermited snails I can see on my corals before transferring.

little by little I still see the snails growing on my corals!! I remove them again as soon as I seen them. I know I won’t win the battle and it’s messing up my reef scape

is there a dip that can kill vermited snails permanently? What’s the best option can I do to get rid of them.

Last edited:
Corals.com

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

My old tank was invested with vermited snails! And it annoyed me to death. I end up buying a bigger tank and transferred all my corals with all new rocks.

I iodine dip all my corals and removed all the vermited snails I can see on my corals before transferring.

little by little I still see the snails growing on my corals!! I remove them again as soon as I seen them. I know I won’t win the battle and it’s messing up my reef scape

is there a dip that can kill vermited snails permanently? What’s the best option can I do to get rid of them.
There is not a dip that I know of.

In that situation, I would DUMP a load of bumblebee snails in your tank now and hope the predation can either eradicated the small number, or at least keep it from expanding.

I have this issue as well. I'll never be able to use my current rock in any other system I want to keep clean of Vermited. Bumblebee do chew them up, they are just slow.

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is not a dip that I know of.

In that situation, I would DUMP a load of bumblebee snails in your tank now and hope the predation can either eradicated the small number, or at least keep it from expanding.

I have this issue as well. I'll never be able to use my current rock in any other system I want to keep clean of Vermited. Bumblebee do chew them up, they are just slow.
I’ve read mixed reviews about bumblebee snails eating them but have you seen it for yourself ? And did you noticed a difference?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read mixed reviews about bumblebee snails eating them but have you seen it for yourself ? And did you noticed a difference?
I have seen it for myself many times. My 30g frag tank is completely clean of any v snails after dumping 50 bb in there.

I routinely dump 10 here, 20 there into the big display and numbers are managed..

My elegance eats about 5 bumblebee a week based on the shells that accumulate at the base. Gotta restock from time to time

I have also read mixed reviews on bumblebees but to be quite honest there isn't a second best option that I know of. I don't believe they have any reef safe natural fish predators.

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen it for myself many times. My 30g frag tank is completely clean of any v snails after dumping 50 bb in there.

I routinely dump 10 here, 20 there into the big display and numbers are managed..

My elegance eats about 5 bumblebee a week based on the shells that accumulate at the base. Gotta restock from time to time

I have also read mixed reviews on bumblebees but to be quite honest there isn't a second best option that I know of. I don't believe they have any reef safe natural fish predators.
Thank you I will add some in once I see them again.

Nutramar Foods

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a few bumblebee snails to see if they would eat them and they do, you just need alot of them to make a dent in the population
For sure. If I thought I only had a hundred v snails in my tank, I would try to eradicate the population with a massive bumblebee population before they can start taking over rocks. You can always sell/give bumblebee snails to buddies. Once a v snail population gets big enough, I don't think there's any eradicating them.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Right now there’s not much at all because I’ve been cleaning them . Most likely will in the future
For everyone you see there's probably 15 that you don't see. They're almost transparent when they are young.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
three ways to stop them:

Break off the tube at the Very Base

Place a dab of gel super glue over tube opening and they will starve and get stuck to it

Bumble Bee snails (as mentioned)

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
World Wide Corals
Back