UV, Chiller, Reactor Plumbing Help

Cody000125

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All!

Looking for some input on getting some plumbing setup. I currently have the pre-plumbed system for the IM 100 EXT shown below
20240527_105458.jpg

I'm wanting to plumb in my UV, chiller, and carb reactor and am looking for suggestions.

Here are some of the ideas I have so far

1. Plumb the UV into the middle of the return line here:
20240527_105458 - Copy.jpg
Something similar to
Screenshot 2024-05-27 123508.png
And then have a separate pump for the carb reactor/chiller.

2. Make a manifold of the section above and have the 3 drain back into the sump somewhere

3. Have a separate pump in the skimmer section and a makeshift manifold that feeds all 3 and then drains into the return sections - Was also hoping to have the gate valves plumbed up to 1/2 inch push connectors, not sure if that'd reduce the flow too much though..
20240527_105458 - Copy (2).jpg

I'm skeptical about doing #2 and making the manifold for all 3 as I heard it messes with the bean animal overflow. I'm kind of leaning towards #3 as it'd give me more control over all of the flows and I'd be able to add on more ports if needed. I'm interested to see what everyone thinks or if anyone has other suggestions. Also if anyone else has a spare pump feeding their extra utilities would love to see how you've done it! Thanks!

Jason_MrFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
uv is most effective if all the flow to the display goes through it, and then have a separate pump for the carb reactor/chiller be my choice.

OP
OP
C

Cody000125

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
uv is most effective if all the flow to the display goes through it, and then have a separate pump for the carb reactor/chiller be my choice.
That's where I'm not sure which option would give me the most water contact time since the return is already tee'd where I'd be putting the UV. So all the options wouldn't be getting all of the flow going to the display.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back