Updated stock list:

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is fine except for the pipefish. They are very similar to sea horses and need a very low or almost no flow tank. They're also very finicky eaters and need a stable population of live copepods and fed live brine shrimp until they start taking frozen mysis and other small foods.

OP
OP
austin_socal

austin_socal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is fine except for the pipefish. They are very similar to sea horses and need a very low or almost no flow tank. They're also very finicky eaters and need a stable population of live copepods and fed live brine shrimp until they start taking frozen mysis and other small foods.
Oh, ok. This guy I know has one in his 350g and it’s awesome, I was hoping to get one but it’s Allg.

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, ok. This guy I know has one in his 350g and it’s awesome, I was hoping to get one but it’s Allg.
better in a bigger tank cause there are spots with much lower flow compared to a small tank with less surface area, they're very similar to mandarins. Hard to get started eating but easy if you're able to get them on frozen.

OP
OP
austin_socal

austin_socal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
better in a bigger tank cause there are spots with much lower flow compared to a small tank with less surface area, they're very similar to mandarins. Hard to get started eating but easy if you're able to get them on frozen.
Gotcha, maybe one day. I had a mandarin before all this sht went down w my tank last year

OP
OP
austin_socal

austin_socal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random question but do you think a long nose hawk fish would eat my peppermint shrimp? Not worried about him and my fire shrimp bc the fire shrimp is bigger than my hand lol

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random question but do you think a long nose hawk fish would eat my peppermint shrimp? Not worried about him and my fire shrimp bc the fire shrimp is bigger than my hand lol
Hmmm, long nose hawkfish are quite docile and I've seen some that are housed with tiny peppermint shrimps and not bother them. I think as long as its fed well it should be okay but its mostly a gamble!

OP
OP
austin_socal

austin_socal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, long nose hawkfish are quite docile and I've seen some that are housed with tiny peppermint shrimps and not bother them. I think as long as its fed well it should be okay but its mostly a gamble!
Do you think that this type of pipefish would be better? He stays smaller and I’d be willing to get rid of the six line wrasse for him..

Attachments

• IMG_2107.png
    IMG_2107.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 22

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, I know that blue stripes are better in reefs because they are a type of reef pipefish and will do good in higher flow environments, I would suggest this pipefish if you're really set on having one but once again keep in mind that you will have to have a thriving copepod situation in case he doesn't take to eating frozen.

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh also they like to home under or around macroalgae like seahorses so try to get some dragons breath or other types of macro to grow around your tank so its comfortable.

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do :)- do you think that I have to get rid of the six line to have him tho?
if hes an establish sixline, yes. quite aggressive fish and the pipefish is very very docile and slow moving not to mention small.

OP
OP
austin_socal

austin_socal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if hes an establish sixline, yes. quite aggressive fish and the pipefish is very very docile and slow moving not to mention small.
What do you mean by established? Yes, he has been in the tank for a few months, but he is fairly docile and I’ve never seen him have an issue with fish :)

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Established means hes been in the tank for long enough to establish a territory. He might be docile with the fish you have already because they were added around the same time as him. You can do as you please and if you want to take a gamble with it but I don't want to see another hobbyist get an expensive fish just for the "docile" sixline to murder him in cold blood :eek:

OP
OP
austin_socal

austin_socal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Established means hes been in the tank for long enough to establish a territory. He might be docile with the fish you have already because they were added around the same time as him. You can do as you please and if you want to take a gamble with it but I don't want to see another hobbyist get an expensive fish just for the "docile" sixline to murder him in cold blood :eek:
Thank you! If I removed him, do you think that the pipefish would be happier if I got 2 so he’d have a friend? Or would that cause issues..

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops i misclicked, I think it doesn't matter too much but 1 male 1 female is fine, 2 males is a no cause they will have territory disputes and fight, 2 females is fine.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back