+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Update: Unfortunately the black clown didnt make it and the gramma passed away as well.

However, the 3 fish left in the DT are doing okay. I have dosed Prazipro twice and they all seem to be eating now (though not as much as before). My question is - should I still take them out and QT them and treat with formalin or can I rule out brook if they seem to be stabilizing/getting better? The formalin i ordered finally arrived and I also havw prazi and copper for any emergency treatment. If the fish arw responding well, should I leave them in DT and continue treating with Prazi there for a month? Please advice. Again, fish arw eating and swimming are eating (not as much as they used to but there has been an increase since I dosed Prazi). Also, no spots or rubbing behavior either.

Thank you. Appreciate everyones help!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi everyone,

Update: Unfortunately the black clown didnt make it and the gramma passed away as well.

However, the 3 fish left in the DT are doing okay. I have dosed Prazipro twice and they all seem to be eating now (though not as much as before). My question is - should I still take them out and QT them and treat with formalin or can I rule out brook if they seem to be stabilizing/getting better? The formalin i ordered finally arrived and I also havw prazi and copper for any emergency treatment. If the fish arw responding well, should I leave them in DT and continue treating with Prazi there for a month? Please advice. Again, fish arw eating and swimming are eating (not as much as they used to but there has been an increase since I dosed Prazi). Also, no spots or rubbing behavior either.

Thank you. Appreciate everyones help!
You can hold on formalin especially if skin is clear. How long and how have you dosed the Prazi Pro?

OP
OP
Mavsaltwater

Mavsaltwater

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can hold on formalin especially if skin is clear. How long and how have you dosed the Prazi Pro?
I put the first dose on Thursday. Directly into the DT as instructed by the bottle (I have a 55 gallon and meadured it with a teaspoon). I made sure to remove the carbon and UV. I also added new water and faced the wavemaker to surface to increase oxygen.

72 hours after that (yesterday), I dosed it again. Turned on UV both times about 16 hours after dosing.

Attachments

• 20230424_141323.jpg
    20230424_141323.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230424_141142.jpg
    20230424_141142.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 15
Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I put the first dose on Thursday. Directly into the DT as instructed by the bottle (I have a 55 gallon and meadured it with a teaspoon). I made sure to remove the carbon and UV. I also added new water and faced the wavemaker to surface to increase oxygen.

72 hours after that (yesterday), I dosed it again. Turned on UV both times about 16 hours after dosing.
The bottle instruction you read I believe is for Maximum dosage. Because it take 2-3 days to take effect, we often recommend dose at 85% of recommended and apply initial dosage known as an interval for 8 days, do a water change and do one more 8 day dose interval
Use airstone with prazi as it does reduce both oxygen and appetite. I thought you were done a little too soon. The fish look fat- No need to boost foods or supplements. Occasional addition vitamins are good. Focus on their recovery

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mavsaltwater

Mavsaltwater

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottle instruction you read I believe is for Maximum dosage. Because it take 2-3 days to take effect, we often recommend dose at 85% of recommended and apply initial dosage known as an interval for 8 days, do a water change and do one more 8 day dose interval
Use airstone with prazi as it does reduce both oxygen and appetite. I thought you were done a little too soon.
I read a few posts that said that you can dose again after 48 hours :/ but lll hold off now. And I also accounted for the rocks and dosed for the amount of water in the tank rather than assuming entire 55 gallon! Also, just wanted to ask - could I rule out Brooks? Still really worried about that as somw people said that these can provide temporary relief but the parasites could be alive. Fish do seem to be making improvement though!

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I read a few posts that said that you can dose again after 48 hours :/ but lll hold off now. And I also accounted for the rocks and dosed for the amount of water in the tank rather than assuming entire 55 gallon! Also, just wanted to ask - could I rule out Brooks? Still really worried about that as somw people said that these can provide temporary relief but the parasites could be alive. Fish do seem to be making improvement though!
I dont see signs of brook on the most recent pic but I would be very careful with what others are saying as Prazi has a high level of glycol and can be overdosed and fatal.
Even a warning from manufacturer:

A single treatment lasting 5-7 days may be sufficient. Retreat as necessary, but no more than once every 3 days.

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Also brook has a direct life cycle of 10-14 days and these are ciliated parasites. When theyre down - Theyre Down

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Weeb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot depends on how good the hobbyist is at watching their fishes and whether they have the experience to quickly see a problem.

OP
OP
Mavsaltwater

Mavsaltwater

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont see signs of brook on the most recent pic but I would be very careful with what others are saying as Prazi has a high level of glycol and can be overdosed and fatal.
Even a warning from manufacturer:

A single treatment lasting 5-7 days may be sufficient. Retreat as necessary, but no more than once every 3 days.
Got it! Yeah, I waited 3 days but will do a water change tonight just to bw safe and continue monitoring them!! Thank you!!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Mavsaltwater

Mavsaltwater

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot depends on how good the hobbyist is at watching their fishes and whether they have the experience to quickly see a problem.
I'm new but do keep an eye on the fish and tend to notice their behavior as Ive had them for a few months now!! Will be keeping an eye out on them but do feel better that I have formalin at hand in case of emergencies!!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

GHL Advanced Technology
Back