Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have oysters here and plenty of them but that would mean plankton full time or they die but they do filter water very well. Keep me updated on your cold water experience. Good thinking from you about ice packs I appreciate it. Thanks again . There’s only one Anemone I am still looking for it’s called a strawberry Anemone how hard it is to find is another thing.
Ive seen them dotted around but they’re not easy to come across IME.
You’ll likely find them surfacing during summer as that’s when I’ve found most animals come into rock pools. Likely due to good sources thriving better and being easier to catch.
I didn’t dare to try a living bivalve, I already struggle with my two Tridacna species in the main tank. This is a shell with some bits of algae growing over it :)

TheBear78

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.
I was in Croyde, North Devon over Christmas and while rock pooling I came across this.
I think it's a Gem Anemone and when extended, it was quite something. Typically I spooked it trying to take a photo!!
Maybe this is something to look for if going for more anemones.

Attachments

• 20221228_151537.jpg
    20221228_151537.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 9

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.
I was in Croyde, North Devon over Christmas and while rock pooling I came across this.
I think it's a Gem Anemone and when extended, it was quite something. Typically I spooked it trying to take a photo!!
Maybe this is something to look for if going for more anemones.
Looks to me like a Gem, those guys are also relatively shy but show similar patterns in when they appear to the Strawberry nems.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Frag Farm
Back