Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wanted to know, if I have one bonded pair of clownfish, would they both host the same anemone? Or am I supposed to provide them with two separate ones? (Ik clownfish don’t need anemones to live)
I had two clowns live in a giant carpet nem for years…i think you will be fine. How big is the nem?

AS

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to know, if I have one bonded pair of clownfish, would they both host the same anemone? Or am I supposed to provide them with two separate ones? (Ik clownfish don’t need anemones to live)
You don't need separate anemone for each clown fish. One large on for the harem is fine. More important is the fact that you ask this question, meaning you don't know much about anemone.

Clownfish and anemone relationship are species specific. Anemone just don't host every clown fish. Do research on natural hosts. In aquarium, sometime anemone host un-natural species of clown fish, but not always or all of them.

Anemones are trickly to keep. Please research on them, which species and if you can provide the condition for them first before you buy the anemone.

Lastly, least important, the anemone is the host, and the clown fish is the resident, not the other way around.

OP
OP
person

person

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need separate anemone for each clown fish. One large on for the harem is fine. More important is the fact that you ask this question, meaning you don't know much about anemone.

Clownfish and anemone relationship are species specific. Anemone just don't host every clown fish. Do research on natural hosts. In aquarium, sometime anemone host un-natural species of clown fish, but not always or all of them.

Anemones are trickly to keep. Please research on them, which species and if you can provide the condition for them first before you buy the anemone.

Lastly, least important, the anemone is the host, and the clown fish is the resident, not the other way around.
Ohh, ok thanks for the advice. Appreciate it! :)

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the 2 clownfish will do good in one anemone
IMG_20221009_161802.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Mine have. Eventually the larger being female may try to take over but not always

Fargo20

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female clown doesn’t like to share her favorite RBTA which is definitely big enough for both. She pushes him out most of the time. She’s pretty gentle about it and he will hover or swim into one of their other several nems. Sometimes I’ll see both sitting in that nem for a couple minutes before she pushes him out. At night they both sleep in that RBTA. Clowns are weird

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Join the movement!
Back