Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen that thread. Isn't fluconazole only available by prescription? I'd rather not deal with that headache. It looks like the GHA is subsiding from the display, just can't get this chaeto to do anything.
Fluconazole is easy to get and does not require a prescription. In fact, BRS carries it now although you can get it cheaper at other places.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-flux-fluconazole-treatment-reefhd.html

I've used it on bryopsis before and it works great. Unfortunately, it also wiped out most of my pods which was less than desirable.

Avast

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's another thing I've yet to get established... pods. Not that I've done anything to start it. I figured the chaeto I got would have some.
I've always gotten copepods on chaeto. After trying a few times in an effort to get amphipods with chaeto again with no luck I bit the bullet and paid for some. They are crazy expensive compared to copepods, likely because so few people carry them. Fortunately, it does look like they are established in my system now.

CLICK TO VIEW

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, no pods. I might make an order with algae barn next paycheck, but I kinda wanted an established refugium before then... I wouldn't call shrinking chaeto an established refugium.
If you don't have a large amount of pod eaters you can dump them directly into the DT. When your fuge is stable they will find their way their to populate it. Just run without filter socks for a few nights.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pod eaters... I've got one that may eat pods. The sapphire damsel, I know they eat red bugs and flat worms. Or at least people say they do. She's the only one I've seen pecking at the rocks other than Tim, the tail spot. He eats only algae, so not looking for pods there.

I've got marine pure in the fuge so the pods should be good, right?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pod eaters... I've got one that may eat pods. The sapphire damsel, I know they eat red bugs and flat worms. Or at least people say they do. She's the only one I've seen pecking at the rocks other than Tim, the tail spot. He eats only algae, so not looking for pods there.

I've got marine pure in the fuge so the pods should be good, right?
Pods are good just about anywhere. With one damsel eating them you should be fine to add them whenever you want imo.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fuge update, 10am 2/5/18
Thin layer of chaeto floating on surface, ulva looks about the same as when I bought it.

20180205_100341.jpg
20180205_100346.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaCave Logo Banner

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't make it sink. I mean I could tie a rock to it... but I doubt it would tumble that way.
I may put a small powerhead in mine to try and get it to tumble (I do flip it manually every morning and evening) but I worry it will shoot my mud all over.

Nutramar Foods
AS

najer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got in from work, water on the floor!
I have a 55 litre cube I still run, my first ever tank, it has sprung a leak!
Saving stuff is not an issue, I keep this and the 700 litre balanced for just this type of situation so I can move things between the 2.
I have a green clown goby in there, I can't sump it as it will just get eaten by one of the return pumps, you might all want to cross your fingers! ;)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got in from work, water on the floor!
I have a 55 litre cube I still run, my first ever tank, it has sprung a leak!
Saving stuff is not an issue, I keep this and the 700 litre balanced for just this type of situation so I can move things between the 2.
I have a green clown goby in there, I can't sump it as it will just get eaten by one of the return pumps, you might all want to cross your fingers! ;)
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Good luck!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Champion
Back