Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a pic further back so we can see them with the tank please.
;Turtle
20171028_203157.jpg

Nutramar Foods

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottle said you can't overdose... ;Woot:D
But you can crash a bacterial culture. ;Stig

The result of witch could be increased ammonia as they decompose.

I've seen dr t's work in days.
And techincally when I asked dr t it's considered instant becuse if he way fish produce it and the tank n bacteria process the ammonia. So a bucket of fresh salt w dr t And putting the fish right in the bacteria process it instantly.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottle said you can't overdose

I have yet to see that on my Vodka bottles.... Guess I’ll have to keep looking o_O

Yea they didn't have that warning at the bar last night either with the rum... Maybe it's at the bottom?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But you can crash a bacterial culture. ;Stig

The result of witch could be increased ammonia as they decompose.

I've seen dr t's work in days.
And techincally when I asked dr t it's considered instant becuse if he way fish produce it and the tank n bacteria process the ammonia. So a bucket of fresh salt w dr t And putting the fish right in the bacteria process it instantly.
That's not considering fresh dead rock and a piece of scallop tho? I didn't really notice anything substantial attached to the rocks. Few bivalves here and there that I plucked off but they were very clean for what I was expecting. The piece of rotting scallop was removed, it was pretty ripe and pretty much turned to mush.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Early morning update... I'm at work now but I took this picture before I left. This guy scares the crap out of me on a regular basis. He sleeps laying on his side, usually tucked up between the PVC and the bottom of the aquarium... like he's dead. You have to look really close to see gill movement. First time I saw it I about had a heart attack, then when I moved the PVC he swam around half drunk like until he found another piece of PVC to tuck up against.

Oh these are his night time colors too. The red fades to an almost pastel color and vertical blue stripes come out.
20171029_052856.jpg

AS
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sloooow day at work. Plant is on outage and I've finished my one greasing PM for the day. So, I've been fish shopping. No, I haven't made any orders and I'm not going to for a little while. I've just gotten a list together of what fish I want to stock the tank with. So far here's what I've come up with...

Fish owned
Line Spot Flasher Wrasse (red, yellow, purple, blue)
Golden Dwarf Moray (gold, yellow)
Darwin Clownfish (2) (orange, black)

Fish wanted
Black Cap Basslet (purple, balck)
Two Spot Goby (white, orange, black)
Sapphire Damselfish (blue)
Starry Blenny (black, white, yellow)
Clown Goby (green, orange)
Pink Streaked or Possum Wrasse... (pink, red)
Lemon Chromis ?(possible aggression) (yellow, silver)

I'm trying to go for movement at all levels of the tank, and different colors in all the fish. Not just a school of one color. Peaceful is a must. The six line is banished to the frag tank once it's swapped. The clowns are going to be the dominant fish in the tank, Bonnie is a witch, I understand they are clowns and they are territorial. I guess I'm lucky they do not attack me. Equally sized fish she doesn't harass more than a day, and I plan on getting an acclimation box for any small additions. She took 90% of the tail off a 1" coral beauty once.... I may leave the clowns in the 14g until I either fully stock or get the smaller additions in like the gobys. The two spot will have to wait on some dirty(live?) sand.

For inverts I'm still unsure. I've got the BTA, which will eventually move over when the 14g becomes a frag tank. The banded coral shrimp is banished to the frag tank also. Him and the six line can hash it out. At feeding times he likes to pluck at the acans feeder tentacles, even if there is no food on the acan. Between feeding times he's been seen taking a swipe at Clyde, until Bonnie comes over and beats the crap out of him and he goes under the rock. There is a pom pom crab in the 14g that I see once every two months if I shin a light on the tank at night and a squat lobster that I haven't seen in probably four months. I'll move them over if they are still alive. I've been thinking of some porcelain crabs, maybe an emerald... shrimp I don't know about. I feel the tank will be too big for sexys, and I've heard of cleaner shrimp ripping acan mouths open to get food out.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cleaner shrimp would open the mouths of ducans and blastos pick the food out. That's even after targeting feeding him shrimp. They are neat but not going to put another one in my tank.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cleaner shrimp would open the mouths of ducans and blastos pick the food out. That's even after targeting feeding him shrimp. They are neat but not going to put another one in my tank.
I can't tell you now many times I've heard that.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the past few days I've noticed that the 35 looks MUCH brighter than the 14 even with black sand... altho, that black sand is pretty reflective/shiny. Same color setting, same brightness. Two Kessils are better than one. The blue background also looks much better than just black, I'm glad we decided to change that up. Hopefully soon we'll be able to order a Seneye to measure PAR.
20171029_191143.jpg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rock is white and larger. Looks brighter.

I think you need a 60 to put on the far left. Or an 8 on right. :D

Hahaha... no upgrades until the 35 is so full of coral I get mad from not being able to buy new corals. Then I'm not sure where we'll go... I'm enjoying the smaller tanks for now.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Champion
Back