Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I haven't seen him bash into my acans, which are on the sand now since the change to Hawaiian. I'm not sure how well his eyes work... Maybe he can see them, maybe I just have them in a spot he doesn't go.

View attachment 742690
That Acan is dang happy!

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Fudsey but 120 is about as small as I'd want to consider with the next build. It would need to absorb at least 2 of the tanks I have now if not 3 to keep my gal from tossing me on the street :)

I know what you mean. I have 3 tanks up right now... 35 cube, 40b and the 10g experiment tank. The 40b will be shut down soon. I'm not going to be able to keep that snowflake with Maui or my wrasse and I can't swing another tank just for a snowflake. That would be something if let a $20 eel eat a $200 eel plus expensive wrasse. I'm not 100% that anything bad will happen, but I'm not taking chances either.

Luckily, nobody is there to complain.

Last edited:

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep and the maintenance is never ending. My plan was to consolodate four into two but I lost my mind somewhere along the way and started buying fish like mad! Now unless I upgrade into a 120+ I'm kind of forced into keeping at least 3 running or offloading a bunch of fish that i love.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep and the maintenance is never ending. My plan was to consolodate four into two but I lost my mind somewhere along the way and started buying fish like mad! Now unless I upgrade into a 120+ I'm kind of forced into keeping at least 3 running or offloading a bunch of fish that i love.

I'll take that attenuatus off your hands.

Nutramar Foods
BRS
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know what you need for the return setup?

Yea, I'll get some measurements tonight to mod the T on top of the return stand pipe. The way it's set up is the T reaches out to both sides of the overflow box, and the Loc Line goes thru the box and threads in, leaving the hex portion on the outside. I'm going to change it up to 3/4" so I'll need to expand the holes in the overflow box and change out some PVC reducers from 1"-1/2" to 1"-3/4". I'll post some pictures over there tonight when I get home.

BRS

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5BA8248B-B294-4AD9-AC02-AED9FFD12418.jpeg
Trip to lfs wife rolled eyes and sighed. My new toy. It’s not the fanciest light on the market but it grows my corals.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60lbs of Tropic Eden arrived today. I think I’m gonna roll the dice with the same rock. Maybe run some poly filter and GFO for a month and send off a sample to Triton before trying any SPS.

I’d like to think it’ll come out of the rock into the water column where it can be removed once the source is gone but I don’t have any actual knowledge to base that on.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60lbs of Tropic Eden arrived today. I think I’m gonna roll the dice with the same rock. Maybe run some poly filter and GFO for a month and send off a sample to Triton before trying any SPS.

I’d like to think it’ll come out of the rock into the water column where it can be removed once the source is gone but I don’t have any actual knowledge to base that on.

I'm still considering selling it live and buying more branch later for that corner. I do have a sponge filter plate that goes on top of the filter sock. I could stick some polyfilter in there.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

A Reef Creation
Back